Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Joining the Stanley Black & Decker team means joining one of the worldu0027s largest, fastest-growing, and most dynamic companies. Stanley Black & Deckeris a world-leading provider of tools and storage, commercial electronic security and engineered fastening systems, with unique growth platforms and a track record of sustained profitable growth.
We have been globally recognized as one of the most innovative, sustainable, and rewarding companies in the world. Stanley Black and Decker s 2016 Revenue was $11.3B and our Global Tools & Storage division is responsible for $7.0B of SBD annual revenue. Global Tools and Storage is currently seeking candidates for aShipping Department Team Leadbased inBrewster, NY.
Shipping Team Lead
* Responsible for overseeing shipping activities for the department.
* Leads the Shipping Department and ensures that all jobs are completed safely and correctly with a focus on quality and compliance with OSHA, Company safety guidelines, complete 6S, pre-shift warmup and PPE.
* Responsible for ensuring shipments are marked for the proper destination.
* WMS Activity:
* Complete Pick Ups and Manual Orders.
* Planning shipping orders (Wave and Transportation planning) add a bullet. Expecial order handling for Hillman, Grainger, Hilty, Fastenal and Exports.
* Any other managerial activities as assigned.
* Organize and maintain all areas of Shipping department.
* Perform routine shipment audits to ensure the integrity, housekeeping, security and quality of all outbound shipments.
* Interacts with other departments.
* Ensures trucks are properly Checked in and Out at the docking location in shipping.
* Advanced knowledge of specialized orders such as Hazardous Materials.
* Support development of direct reports through coaching and various training initiatives.
* Any other tasks as assigned.
* Track employee productivity.
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
* 2 to 4 years of warehouse management experience.
* Computer knowledge with Microsoft office and WMS or similar management system.
* Experience with LMS, TM, WMS UPS, FEDEX, DG shipping systems.
* Must demonstrate personal drive and willingness to accept responsibility.
* Ability to work independently.
* Continuous improvement minded.
* Ability to learn quickly and adjust to a rapidly changing environment.
* Results and deadline oriented.
* Good written and verbal communication skills
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law