Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Alumni Engagement Coordinator (6299U) - #6121
At the University of California, Berkeley, we are committed to creating a community that fosters equity of experience and opportunity, and ensures that students, faculty, and staff of all backgrounds feel safe, welcome and included. Our culture of openness, freedom and belonging make it a special place for students, faculty and staff.
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world s leading institutions of higher education, distinguished by its combination of internationally recognized academic and research excellence; the transformative opportunity it provides to a large and diverse student body; its public mission and commitment to equity and social justice; and its roots in the California experience, animated by such values as innovation, questioning the status quo, and respect for the environment and nature. Since its founding in 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world.
We are looking for equity-minded applicants who represent the full diversity of California and who demonstrate a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds present in our community. When you join the team at Berkeley, you can expect to be part of an inclusive, innovative and equity-focused community that approaches higher education as a matter of social justice that requires broad collaboration among faculty, staff, students and community partners. In deciding whether to apply for a position at Berkeley, you are strongly encouraged to consider whether your values align with our Guiding Values and Principles, our Principles of Community, and our Strategic Plan.
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: March 4, 2020
University Development and Alumni Relations (UDAR) strengthens Berkeley's excellence through engagement with alumni, parents, undergraduate and graduate students, and friends of the University, raising public awareness about Berkeley and increasing private philanthropy. UDAR provides overall direction for the campus' philanthropic advancement strategies and works to strengthen unit development in partnership with campus fundraisers. The Division handles a range of central activities and services encompassing communications, stewardship, prospect development, gift management, and more. Within this umbrella, the newly created Office of Alumni Relations works to inspire the lifetime engagement of Berkeley graduates through a coordinated approach that advances alumni towards increased involvement and greater giving.
The University of California, Berkeley seeks an Alumni Engagement Coordinator to provide comprehensive, high-level analytical, operations and program support for the growing Alumni Relations team. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Alumni Engagement Coordinator assists in the development and planning of campus-wide alumni engagement strategy, coordinates alumni programs across the Berkeley enterprise, including all schools, colleges, departments, and units, and collaborates with the independent Cal Alumni Association to enrich the lives of alumni.
Coordinate alumni engagement activities, calendars, programs, and events across the 14 schools and colleges as well as the Cal Alumni Association (CAA) and Cal Athletics:
* Research various topics and gather relevant alumni data to inform the university s institutional alumni engagement strategy, keeping management informed as necessary and providing input as required.
* Produce an annual summit for alumni engagement professionals from across campus; work with UDAR s External Relations team to plan event logistics and communications.
* Plan regular meetings of a campus-wide working group of alumni engagement professionals; maintain a roster, set meetings, develop agendas, materials, and briefings.
* Compile and update a comprehensive campus-wide calendar of alumni events; work with UDAR s IT and Web Services teams to design and maintain an online portal that can be easily accessed by internal and external audiences.
* Interface with Career Center staff to map and track alumni use of career services post-graduation.
* Work with UDAR s Major Gifts and International Relations teams to create a public-facing alumni engagement and communications calendar for targeted geographic regions.
* Build and maintain close working relationships with campus staff who manage the 30+ alumni Boards, Advisory Councils, Committees and other volunteer groups.
* Partner with CAA to plan, coordinate, and implement a Berkeley Service Day that brings together students, faculty, and staff to improve the campus and the world.
* Developed programs to encourage Berkeley alumni participation in the UC Advocacy Network managed by the UC Office of the President.
Provide high-level comprehensive analytical support for programs, events and communication strategies designed to engage the university s 500k+ living alumni:
* Partner with UDAR s IT department to create specific alumni engagement reporting standards for alumni records in CADS; create and maintain an alumni engagement metrics dashboard.
* Carry out inquiries and design reports in the Campus Advancement Data System (CADS); perform advanced data analysis.
* Design and update an alumni volunteer activity report that shows how alumni are engaged in volunteering across campus; including data on volunteer giving.
* Create and manage a campus-wide clearinghouse of alumni volunteer opportunities; serve as the point of contact for alumni volunteer opportunities.
* Assist in the development of the new Alumni Relations department; manage recruitment process for new staff and support general HR functions.
* Establish systems, policies, and procedures to ensure a smooth flow of operations for a face-paced and complex office in a start-up environment.
* Respond to alumni inquiries from external and internal sources.
Provide administrative support to the Executive Director and staff of the Office of Alumni Relations:
* Regularly interface with senior management within UDAR and across campus; represent the Alumni Relations office as a point of contact for C-suite executives, VPs, donors, faculty, staff, students, and general alumni constituents.
* Coordinate the Executive Director s calendar, make travel arrangements as needed and process reimbursements; prepare orders in BearBuy.
* Prepare executive communications and correspondence on behalf of the Executive Director and the department; create reports, presentations, handbooks, and other documentation.
* Supervise student employees; assign work, monitor progress, and provide feedback on performance.
* Thorough knowledge of basic concepts, principles, and procedures of building and maintaining effective alumni relations with college and university graduates.
* Thorough knowledge of or ability to learn about the campus, its mission, goals, objectives, programs, achievements, infrastructure and issues of concern.
* Thorough written, verbal and interpersonal communications, tact and political acumen to effectively represent the campus.
* Thorough research, analytical and critical thinking skills, including sound judgment and decision-making skills and skill to correctly identifying real and potential problems, advising management as required, and proposing effective strategic resolutions.
* Skill in project management, including event planning and meeting