Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
We believe work is not a place, but rather a thing you do. Our technology revolves around this core philosophy. We are relentlessly committed to helping people work and play from anywhere, on any device. Innovation, creativity and a passion for ever-improving performance drive our company and our people forward. We empower the original mobile device: YOU!
What we're looking for:
You are a software engineer who knows how to apply engineering principles to operations. You are well versed in a large number of technologies and welcome new tools and techniques. You work in conjunction with fellow developers and operations members to come to the best possible solution. You are always looking for patterns and ways to increase efficiency, eliminate downtime, optimize costs, and maintain performance at scale.
Citrix is rapidly developing and expanding its portfolio of large-scale cloud applications across all product lines, including app/desktop virtualization, networking, and content collaboration. These applications must deliver enterprise-grade performance, reliability, and integration while leveraging consumer internet economies of scale in multiple clouds (and in hybrid scenarios that reach behind the enterprise firewall). This requires excellent architecture and dev-ops process in software development, operations, and site reliability engineering.
- Responsibilities for this position are for day to day operations and general engineering efforts for scalability, availability, security, and cost for all Citrix cloud services
- Work with the development teams to design scalable, robust systems using cloud architecture
- Build automation using industry tools (like Chef, OpsWorks, CloudFormation, Ansible, terraform) to deploy hundreds of different services
- Ensure a high degree of availability across all of our service offerings
- Identify bottlenecks and problems throughout the infrastructure
- Drive projects/technical initiatives and architectural/technical service improvements
- Requires deep knowledge of job area obtained through advanced education combined with experience
- Viewed as having a specialty within discipline. May have broad knowledge of project management
- Requires a University Degree or equivalent experience and minimum 8 years of prior relevant experience; or Master s degree with 6 years; or PhD with 3 years of experience
- Prefer to build automation to perform redundant tasks rather than manually handling toil
- Enjoy pushing scalability to the limit with high throughput services
- Design solutions with failure in mind to ensure reliability
- 8+ years of SRE/devops experience
- Enjoy working with a large variety of services and technologies
- Like looking through metrics and logs as if it were a treasure hunt
- Avoid logging into servers directly and prefer using automation and aggregation to manage them
- Strive to be a responsible enabler rather than a "gate"
- Have industry experience providing hands-on technical expertise to design, deploy, secure and optimize Cloud services
- Be proficient in one or more cloud providers, including AWS, Azure, GCP
- Experience with container technologies: Kubernetes, Docker
- Software development experience within C#, Python or Java
What you re looking for:
Our technology is built on the idea that everyone should be able to work from anywhere, at any time, and on any device. It s a simple philosophy that guides everything we do including how we work. If you re an engineer, we ll give you plenty of ways to test your skills on cutting edge technology. We want employees to do what they do best, every day.
Be bold. Take risks. Imagine a better way to work. If this sounds like you then we d love to talk.
Functional Area:Cloud Ops
Citrix is a cloud company that enables mobile workstyles. We create a continuum between work and life by allowing people to work whenever, wherever, and however they choose. Flexibility and collaboration is what we re all about. The Perks: We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package. You ll enjoy our workstyle within an incredible culture. We ll give you all the tools you need to succeed so you can grow and develop with us.
Citrix Systems, Inc. is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all federal, state and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, genetic carrier status, disability, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, marital status, protected veteran status and other protected classifications.
Citrix uses applicant information consistent with the Citrix Recruitment Policy Notice at https://www.citrix.com/about/legal/privacy/citrix-recruitment-privacy-notice.html
Citrix welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Reasonable accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the job application process, please contact us at (877) 924-8749 or email us at ASKHR@citrix.com for assistance.
If this is an evergreen requisition, by applying you are giving Citrix consent to be considered for future openings of other roles of similar qualifications.