Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
St. Jude Children s Research Hospital will provide you with world-class facilities, state-of-the-art technologies, and extraordinary support to ensure scientific progress is never halted from a lack of resources. At St. Jude, you will be part of a collaborative, bench-to-bedside environment where you can see, firsthand, how your work translates into survival for the children we serve.
As a Medical Technologist in our Clinical Pharmacokinetics Laboratory, you are responsible for performing laboratory tests that will be used for medical prognosis, diagnosis, treatment and research. You will also perform other tasks such as specimen receipt and processing, and will perform tasks related to method validation and quality improvement. Our laboratory specializes in therapeutic drug monitoring and toxicology testing as well as related esoteric tests. We utilize techniques such as automated immunoassays, HPLC, LC-MS/MS, radiobioassay, and ELISA. Experience with HPLC and LC-MS/MS is desired but not required. Good communication skills are a must as daily interaction with clinicians should be expected. We seek an independent and proactive individual with a desire to learn new techniques.
Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. On-call for one week every six weeks. On-call includes working the Saturday and Sunday dayshift of the call week.
* Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology or in one of the biological, chemical or physical sciences and completion of a medical laboratory technologist training program that was, at the time of graduation, either NAACLS approved or approved pursuant to TN Rule 1200-06-02-.04. Educational requirements may be waived for applicants possessing HEW certification from passing the Health and Human Services proficiency examination on or before September 1, 1997 and who meet criteria outlined in TN Rule 1200-06-02-.22.
* Two (2) years of medical technologist experience required. Two (2) years of relevant clinical medical laboratory technician experience may be considered for one (1) year of medical technologist experience.
* Interest in developing your skills utilizing analytical instrumentation such as HPLC and LC-MS/MS.
* Tennessee license as Medical Technologist-General or as a Special Analyst-Chemistry in assigned laboratory section required or eligible. License must be obtained prior to working in lab independently.
* Certification as a Medical Technologist by ASCP or AMT preferred
St. Jude is an Equal Opportunity Employer
NO SEARCH FIRMS:
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. Please do not call or email. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee or other representative at St. Jude via email, the internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place and approved by HR will result in no fee being paid in the event the candidate is hired by St. Jude.