Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Are you ready to work for a more active world*
At Bioventus, our business depends on developing our people. We invest in you and challenge you to be the best. We value our colleagues for their different perspectives and individual contributions, and our leaders listen. Our success rests on working together to achieve shared goals and rewards. Join a diverse team of global colleagues driven to help patients resume and enjoy active lives.
Who are Bioventus*
We are the market leader in developing clinically proven and cost-effective orthobiologic solutions for surgical and non-surgical bone healing and osteoarthritis, with products recognized for their safety, innovation and effectiveness.
$350+ million in annual revenue
700 employees worldwide
Helping 400,000+ people every year
The Bioventus team always puts patients at the forefront, and their needs are the priority in the choices we make and actions we take.
Director of Sales - Biomedical Crossroads
Field Based covering Indiana, Cincinnati, West Virginia, Roanoke, Louisville, and Lexington KY. Up to 75% Travel / Full time.
Reporting to AVP Central
Responsible for the process to achieve sales goals and marketing objectives for all assigned products, while operating within policies/procedures and assigned expense budgets. Develops and directs business plans within the U.S. that are consistent with the division s annual goals and strategies; accountable for the assigned regional sales financial goals; develops market share potential and competitive advantage. Coordinates the efforts of both the direct and independent sales force; facilitates good communication between those organizations, Bioventus and key customer contacts.
Ideal candidates have strong interpersonal skills and determination to provide the best possible experience to our customers and coworkers. They strive for excellent performance, driven by the willingness to both teach and learn. They are good team players, dynamic, optimistic, accurate, well-organized, and ambitious about developing as a professional.
What you ll be doing
* Meets and/or exceeds overall sales goals and quotas as assigned by Bioventus; maintains an active selling role with key accounts, national buying groups and teaching institutions for all division products;
* Develops and directs the Sales process to support the management team; provides overall direction for staffing and development of key resources to ensure effective allocation of human resources; evaluates Distributors and sales representative s performances against sales objectives;
* Develops the business plan for the assigned products to meet or exceed area financial sales and marketing objectives. Creates and manages intelligence gathering capability for the area marketplace to ensure that objectives are met. Directs tactical implementation of business plan to meet objectives;
* Participates in strategic planning and sales forecasting. Provides market insights, trends, competitive activity and conditions. Recommends changes to strategic and tactical sales plans. Analyzes and reports changing needs within the sales organization for training, sales programs and field assets. Prepares sales forecasts by trauma product line, quotes and recommends pricing strategies;
* Directs the interface of assigned products and marketing strategies; ensures customer expectations are exceeded; develops business plan that fits continually changing marketplace. Manages interface between area, business team, alternate channels and home office functions for effective implementation of the business plan;
* Prepares, administers and controls expense budgets as part of overall profits;
* Manages assets of disposable samples and capital demos to ensure adequate distribution of product types and quantities to support sales efforts throughout the sales organization;
* Maximizes use of total resources for area information technology support materials and programs to meet or exceed the strategy;
* Interfaces with key customers in a professional partnership. Participates with other Bioventus functions as an integral part of key customer teams;
* Provides Bioventus with reporting as required, covering business issues, performance results, research and development ideas, product performance, reliability and customer service issues;
* Coaches, develops and ensures focus and alignment with functional and company goals. Performs talent management and assessment requirements for team.
What you ll bring to the table
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Business or Marketing required. MBA preferred;
* Minimum ten (10) years experience in sales/sales management or related role a business to business industry. (Preferably medical device, pharma, biotech or life sciences). This should include proven success in achieving sales objectives in a variety of distribution structures and product segments;
* Dynamic, aggressive, results-oriented leadership with well-developed communication skills;
* Hands on management style; adaptable to a fast-paced, high-growth, changing environment;
* Good business sense - an understanding of how marketing ties into the profitability of a company. Previous P&L exposure or accountability is important;
* Finance and budget oversight skills;
* Global departmental coordination including working with matrixed teams;
* Demonstrated computer experience with MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point. Experience with data sharing software a plus;
* Overall ability to problem solve and generate solutions to advance needed work;
* Must be a self-starter and able to work independently to progress projects.
What you ll receive
* The satisfaction of driving real change in the industry and people s lives
* A diverse global community of people who are driven by a shared purpose to help patients
* A business that acts with integrity in all interactions with co-workers, leaders and customers
* We value others and build success by appreciating differences in thought, opinion, background, skills and perspectives
* An environment of continuous learning and development
* Flat organizational structures which elevate employees level of responsibility
* Meaningful opportunities for professional development and mentoring
* Competitive compensation package, including salary as well as uncapped bonus potential and car allowance.
* Exciting benefits package, including three weeks vacation; medical, dental and vision benefits; Student Debt Program; life insurance; and a 401(k) plan
Are you the top talent we are looking for*
Apply now! Hit the Apply button to send us your resume and cover letter.
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.