Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
About Us: EMCOR Government Services offers an experienced single-source solution for meeting the routine and mission-critical needs of federal, state, local and other government organizations. By combining our expert professional technicians, commercial best practices, extensive facilities knowledge and strong commitment to reliable, responsive service, we enable our government clients to achieve consistently high-performance facilities, on-time projects and long-term value.
Job Title: Electrician (High Voltage)
Job Summary: EMCOR Government Services is seeking an Electrician (High Voltage) to support a facilities operations and maintenance support services contract at Research Triangle Park, North Carolina.
*** This position is contingent upon contract award. ***
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Performs electrical installation, maintenance, and repair work
* Diagnoses electrical problems and determines appropriate methods of repair
* Completes projects according to blueprints, plans, schematics, or other relevant technical documents
* Installs, tests, and replaces components of electrical circuitry and internal power distribution systems including conduit, wiring, connections, receptacles, breakers, panels, and switches
* Tests, repairs, and replaces or installs electrical generators, transformers, and uninterrupted power systems
* Installs, maintains, and repairs motors, controls, and other electrical components of equipment and appliances including heating, air conditioning, pumping, and solid-state control systems
* Uses tools and equipment of the electrical trade
* Follows and ensures compliance with safety procedures and electrical codes
* Ensures contract performance in accordance with the direction and policies of EMCOR.
* Performs quality work in accordance with safety procedures.
* Must have a minimum of five (5) years of experience with 13.8 KV, 480V switchgear, and Variable Frequency Drive (VFD) system.
* Must have a High Voltage Certification * Must have a Cable Splicing Certification (5KV - 35 KV electrical system). * Ability to work under the pressure of multiple deadlines * Extremely high level of attention to detail and the ability to take initiative and adapt quickly to changing requirements
* Must be able to perform quality work in accordance with safety procedures
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer - Veteran / Disabled
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)