Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
About Us: EMCOR Government Services offers an experienced single-source solution for meeting the routine and mission-critical needs of federal, state, local and other government organizations. By combining our expert professional technicians, commercial best practices, extensive facilities knowledge and strong commitment to reliable, responsive service, we enable our government clients to achieve consistently high-performance facilities, on-time projects and long-term value.
Job Title: Plumber
Job Summary: EMCOR Government Services is seeking a Plumber to support a facility operations and maintenance support services contract at Research Triangle Park, North Carolina.
*** This position is contingent upon contract award. ***
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Diagnose and resolve plumbing related issues.
* Respond to emergency service calls promptly.
* Work with fire alarm systems, sprinkler control systems, renovations, etc. in commercial facilities.
* Read blueprint, building plans and schematics as required.
* Respond to and repair emergency leaks promptly.
* Use a variety of power tools hand tools and measuring devices/meters to perform job function.
* Schedule and perform preventive maintenance on various types plumbing equipment.
* Read and comply with work orders concerning service, modification, or installation of equipment.
* Monitor, identify and respond promptly to malfunctioning of equipment.
* Ensures contract performance in accordance with the direction and policies of EMCOR.
* Performs quality work in accordance with safety procedures.
* Must have a minimum of five (5) years experience working with fire alarm systems, sprinkler control systems, renovations, etc. in commercial facilities. * Must have at a minimum a State of North Carolina Class I Plumber's and Fire Sprinkler license. * Must be able to perform quality work in accordance with Safety procedures
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer - Veteran / Disabled
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)