Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Full Time Direct Hire Position
PROJECT MANAGER, ANALYTICAL SERVICES
In this role, the Project Manager is responsible for managing the project management process for multiple complex projects simultaneously within Analytical Services to meet internal and external customer deliverables. Responsible for driving projects to completion based on timelines, budget, and resources. Collaborate with Lab Operations, Integrated Solutions team, Supply Chain, and other team members to manage and prioritize activities based on risk impact to the project. Manage activities with Account Managers, Lab Operations, Project Management, and the Sample Management teams to assure project scope is maintained, established processes are followed and goals are met.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Collaborate with Account Managers and Integrated Solutions Sr. Manager to understand global external customer needs
* Collaborate with internal customers and West affiliates to understand customer needs
* Communicate and provide technical assistance to customers, which may include external customer visits to facilitate technical discussions
* Assure that the Analytical Services project management process and methodology is implemented on all required projects
* Collect and create scope, requirements and deliverables for internal and external projects, including complex projects for Key/GChamp customers.
* Assure that detailed project plans and schedules are accurately developed and maintained
* Utilize a risk management approach to minimize, monitor, and control the probability and/or impact of unfavorable events
* Hold team members accountable for their individual deliverables
* Support implementation of laboratory systems
* Conduct project reviews with Project Teams and escalate to Management as necessary
* Provide support to Project Analysts for designated projects
* Review customer quality agreements for accuracy and completeness
* Responsible for coordinating lab project work and identification of project risks.
* Document project team and customer meetings and follow up on open action items.
* Create and maintain project documentation to communicate status and progress
* Initiate project change alerts in the case of delays, changes in scope, or deliverables.
* Communication with other Project Analysts, Managers and Lab supervisors on complex projects involving multiple departments.
* Facilitate after action reviews as appropriate to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements
* Organize and lead client visits and assist in client and regulatory audits
* Attend tradeshows and other industry gatherings, as appropriate
* Provide internal and external technical presentations and laboratory tours as necessary
* Assist in training for new hires
* Conforms with and abides by all regulations, policies, work procedures, instruction, and all safety rules.
* Collaborate with Sample Administration, Stability Coordinator, Project Management and Lab Operations on incoming testing projects.
* Responsible for creation of forms and executing the lab business transactions associated with the customer master setup, order and credit memo entry, customer invoicing and order maintenance.
* Exhibits regular, reliable, punctual and predictable attendance
* Other duties as assigned
* Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry, Biology, or in a science related field
* Minimum 8 Years of experience in project management in a pharmaceutical related field
* Basic knowledge of analytical techniques and methodology
* Demonstrated strong project management skills
* Dependable, detail oriented, able to think creatively under pressure and work in a fast paced, constantly changing environment
* Excellent written and oral communication
* Successful customer interaction experience
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* SAP, LIMS and MS Project experience a plus
* Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
* Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
* Expanded understanding of analytical techniques and methodology
* Highly organized and detail oriented
* Able to be aware of all relevant SOPs as per Company policy as they are related to the position covered by this Job Description
* MUST BE ABLE TO TRAVEL UP TO 5% OF THE TIME
PHYSICAL & MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
* Sitting and/or standing for extended periods as well as getting to and from offices and building sites.
* Maintain the ability to work well with others in a variety of situations.
* Able to multi-task, work under time constraints, problem solve, and prioritize.
* Able to maintain confidentiality and resolve conflicts.
* Observe and interpret situations
* Learn and apply new information or new skills
* Work under deadlines with constant interruptions
Yoh, a Day & Zimmermann company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. Click here:
to contact us if you are an individual with a disability and require accommodation in the application process.