Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
With Garver's continued growth and commitment to providing reputable service to our clients, we are seeking a PROGRAM / PROJECT MANAGER to oversee large-scale project management and scheduling. This role will collaborate with other high-performing members of the Garver Transportation Team, client and sub-consultants on projects and the programs.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
* Plan, organize, manage, lead, and evaluate the overall operations of the project / program.
* Evaluate, plan and implement a staffing strategy to meet the needs of the clients program/project.
* Ensure that projects and services are adhering to established plans, standards, and procedures.
* Review all project activities, processes, and services for scope, schedule and budget adherence.
* Create and implement policies governing the program function and assist in policy decisions that may have project / program wide impact.
* Meet with the client, transportation director, regional leaders, and other key program staff to share information and discuss issues regarding projects policies, and programs and to determine priorities and resource management issues on a regular basis.
* Develop, plan, and implement program goals and objectives in accordance with the core purpose, mission, and values of the organization.
* Select, assign, train, direct, and evaluate subordinate staff, including subordinate managers, superintendents, supervisors, professionals, and others as requested.
* Provide consultation to the client's strategic planning efforts and participate in planning/design teams to develop direction, recommendations, and strategies for program development and improvement initiatives.
* Negotiate, arbitrate, and resolve program, project, and policy issues/conflicts with other departments and community/business stakeholders.
* Attend public agency meetings; meet with the Client Leadership/Management's Office(s) regarding project/program status, and sensitive/controversial issues.
* Coordinate assigned activities with Client Officials, other departments, and outside agencies as appropriate.
* Analyze fiscal data to identify and project resource needs; recommend needed resources.
* Direct the provision of services to safeguard the interest of the general public.
* Other duties may be performed as required; not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in this classification.
* Bachelor s degree in civil, or similar engineering degree from an ABET accredited program
* 10 or more years of similar technical experience with no less than 4 years experience in project/team leadership
* Registered as a Professional Engineer (PE) in Kansas or ability to obtain within 2 months of hire
* Previous experience having been in responsible charge of designs, including detailed plans and specifications
* Must have a basic understanding of the multi-disciplined practices (i.e. general civil, surveying, geotechnical, roadway, structural) required for the implementation of improvements
* Must have strong communication skills
* Proficiency with Primavera (latest edition) or other scheduling / management software
GROW WITH US
Garver offers its employees programs such as company-paid professional memberships, company support for industry licenses and continuing education opportunities that foster a progressive atmosphere. Garver provides the tools, resources, and environment to develop leaders, stimulate ideas, and accomplish projects. By offering highly competitive salary packages, attractive benefits, a comprehensive wellness program and Corporate Wellness Coordinator Garver walks the talk when it comes to work-life balance.
Founded in 1919, Garver is an employee-owned multi-disciplined engineering, planning, architectural, and environmental services firm with nearly 800 employees across the United States. Offering a wide range of services focused on aviation, construction, facilities design, federal, survey, transportation, and water, Garver sits in the top 125 of the Engineering News-Record's prestigious Top 500 Design Firms list and is consistently recognized as a best firm to work for. Learn more at GarverUSA.com.
Garver is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Our employment practices are based upon an individual's capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law.