Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
As one of the nation’s leading pediatric health care systems, Nemours is committed to providing all children with their best chance to grow up healthy. We offer integrated, family-centered care to more than 300,000 children each year in our pediatric hospitals, specialty clinics and primary care practices in Delaware, Florida, Maryland, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Nemours strives to ensure a healthier tomorrow for all children – even those who may never enter our doors – through our world-changing research, education and advocacy efforts. At Nemours, our Associates help us deliver on the promise we make to every family we have the privilege of serving: to treat their child as if they were our own.Nemours is seeking a Pediatric Respiratory Therapist (Casual) to join our team in Pensacola, Florida. Able to perform duties in our outreach clinics when needed- Bonifay (monthly), Ft. Walton (weekly) as well as fill in at our main clinic in Pensacola if necessary
With clinic locations in Pensacola and Destin, Fla., Nemours provides pediatric specialty care to children and families in northwest Florida and southern Alabama. We offer comprehensive, family-centered care in more than 30 pediatric specialties with several of our physicians regularly named among the “Best Doctors in America®.
This position is responsible for:
1. Performing all aspects of pulmonary function and related testing. Demonstrates knowledge of pulmonary anatomy, physiology and pathology
2. Performs routine and specialty pulmonary function testing, stress testing, and metabolic assessment testing. Performs complete and accurate patient assessment or reassessment Provides education to the patient and /or patient/guardian in a manner that the recipient understands in order to
contribute to positive patient care outcome and patient satisfaction Performs arterial and capillary punctures for blood gas analysis (rare)
3. Performs quality controls and ensures preventative maintenance is completed on diagnostic equipment.
4. Maintains and orders supplies necessary for outreach clinics.
5. Assist with patient flow of clinic.
Obtain vital signs. Captures and enters patient information into EMR. Collects and prepares laboratory specimens. Ensures appropriate documentation such as x-rays and laboratory reports are available for provider’s review. Rooms patients into exam room with preparation for exam and assists provider with exam. Handles all telephone calls in a courteous and timely manner with documentation of call in EMR.
6. Ensure provider’s orders are carried out:
a. Under the direction of the provider schedules PT/OT, surgery, and diagnostic test to include pre-authorization and notification of patient if needed.
b. Assists provider with bronchoscopy if needed
7. Ensures medications are safely stored in an appropriate area as designated by law, and that medication expiration dates are evaluated on a monthly schedule.
a. Familiar with pharmacokinetics, contraindications, side effects, mode of administration of all medications provider prescribes
8. Ensures accurate ICD-10 and CPT-4 codes are recorded.
Our dedication to professionals who are dedicated to children frequently earns Nemours a spot on the list of top workplaces in the communities we serve. Our Associates enjoy comprehensive benefits, including our unique “Bridge to a Healthy Future” pediatric health plan, an integrated wellness program, opportunities for professional growth, and much more. As an equal opportunity employer, Nemours focuses on the best-qualified applicants for our openings.