Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Are you data-driven* We at NetApp believe in the transformative power of data to expand customer touchpoints, to foster greater innovation, and to optimize operations. We are designed for simplicity, optimized to protect, created to embrace future opportunity, and open to enrich choice. We are the data authority for hybrid cloud, and we are helping our customers realize the full potential of their data.
We ve built a Data Fabric for a data-driven world to simplify and integrate data management across the resources that are best for the business. With the Data Fabric, our customers can harness the power of cloud data services, build cloud infrastructures, and modernize storage through data management. Your Career
As a District Manager, you will utilize strong management and sales competencies to set objectives and develop strategies. You will leverage existing relationships with CEOs and C-level executives. You will be developing new relationships with business unit leaders to understand their unique company challenges and to influence their perspective of NetApp solutions. You must have mastered skills in developing long-term strategies and shorter-term plans to meet aggressive revenue goals. Proven ability among the key sales leadership skills continuum of being extremely results-driven, customer-focused, technologically savvy, and skilled at building internal relationships and external partnerships must be demonstrated. This is an opportunity to drive change with your customer to do business like never before in a new and transformational way.
* Disrupt the mindset of customers and sales teams by bringing innovative ideas that showcase case for change and NetApp s unique value proposition
* Expand strategic customer and partner relationships to drive larger impact for the customer and to deliver business outcomes
* Influence and educate customers and partners to align them on best practices. Identify ways to optimize each step in the customer lifecycle and drive engagement
* Lead, manage and support the team to develop and execute sales strategies to profitably grow revenues and expand the account base in target markets
* Build trust-based relationships with not only your direct teams, but internal business partners (Legal, Ops, Finance, and Engineering) to ensure a collaborative approach to setting an innovative vision for NetApp s sales tools and effectiveness
* Plan and direct activities including planning and implementing forecasts, marketing program development, relationship development, customer satisfaction, and collateral material development and distribution, leveraging your internal network whenever possible
* Assume responsibility for results, including costs, methods, and staffing. Your Impact
* Strong verbal and written communication skills, including presentation skills.
* Strong relationship building and negotiating skills.
* Ability to work collaboratively with external reseller and ecosystem partner network
* Ability to partner internally with Marketing, Sales Operations, Customer Support, System Engineering, and Product Development.
* Experience with target account selling, solution selling, and/or consultative sales techniques.
* An aptitude for understanding how technology products and solutions solve business problems.
Management and Interaction:
* This individual participates with other senior managers in establishing strategic plans and objectives.
* The scope of responsibility for this person includes making final decisions on administrative or operational matters ensuring achievement of company-wide objectives and ensuring that budgets and schedules meet requirements.
* Has responsibility for overall control of planning, staffing, budgeting, managing expenses, and recommending implementing changes to methods.
* This individual owns a major segment of work within the Region with full responsibility for directing and controlling activities with outcomes.
* May participate in building a budget plan and is accountable for managing an assigned budget plan.
* Sets revenue targets and ensures targets are met.
* This individual must effectively work with and influences executive-level employees within and outside of their function, and/or major customers.
* The interactions of this individual require strong people skills, such as negotiating with customers or management or attempting to influence senior-level leaders regarding matters on an organizational level.
* Acts in a leadership role within the function and across functions.
* Receives Senior Management review of objectives to determine success. Your Experience
* A Bachelor of Science Degree in Business or Finance preferred; or equivalent experience is required.
* 5+ years of experience as a people manager is desired.
* 8+ years of experience in direct sales preferably in the Technology space
So get ready to tap into the data visionary within, and join us as we accelerate digital transformation and empower our customers to change the world with data!
If you ask a NetApp employee why they work here, the answer is inevitably the same: the people. At NetApp, our culture is at the heart of what we do. We place importance in trust, integrity, teamwork, and caring above all else. NetApp is a place where people are empowered to make a difference. Empowered to innovate. Empowered to collaborate. Empowered to help ourselves and others be data-driven and change the world. We take care of each other, our customers, our partners, and our communities simply because it s the right thing to do.
We work hard but also recognize the importance of work-life balance for our employees because what s important to them is important to us! Recently we implemented Family First, which encourages employees to take paid time off to bond with a new child (through birth or adoption) or to care for a family member with a serious health condition. Our volunteer time off program is best in class, offering employees 40 hours of paid time off per year to donate their time with their favorite organizations. We provide comprehensive medical, dental, wellness and vision plans for you and your family. We offer educational assistance, legal services, and access to discounts and fitness centers. We also offer financial savings programs to help you plan for your future.
Join us and see what empowerment can do.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled.