Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
WHO ARE WE*
K12 Produces Results
Get To Know Insight School Of Washington (ISWA) !
Insight School Of Washington
Behind The Scenes
A Day In The Life
K12 believes in education for everyone. We provide families an online option for a high-quality, personalized education experience. Students can thrive, find their passion, and learn in an environment that encourages discovery at their own pace. In support of this, we are committed to creating and maintaining a culture of inclusion and diversity where our employees are passionate about serving students and families, treat one another and customers with respect, challenge each other to innovate and always strive to do better.
The mission of Insight School of Washington is to provide an exemplary individualized and engaging educational experience for students by incorporating school and community/family partnerships coupled with a rigorous curriculum along with a data-driven and student-centered instructional model. Student success will be measured by valid and reliable assessment data, parent and student satisfaction, and continued institutional growth within the academic community. Join us!.
The Student Resource Coordinator works to help families in situations of crisis, abuse and neglect, in addition to supporting other areas of social-emotional need affecting student academic achievement. The position responds to issues directly, by facilitating meetings and/or by coordinating services with outside parties such as Child Protective Services, the Department of Juvenile Justice, and other community-based organizations.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
* Maintains caseload of students/families referred for additional support;
* Provides brief assessments to develop an action plan with students and families;
* Facilitates family intervention meetings with families in crisis or with multi-dimensional needs;
* Serves as point-of-contact for teachers and administration for families in crisis; follows up with families by phone or in-person, coordinates with external agencies (e.g. Child Protective Services, The Department of Juvenile Justice, community service agencies, etc.) as needed;
* Facilitates character education programming and other training for the faculty and greater school community, as needed;
* Maintains an active role and awareness of local community resources within school boundaries, through research, attending local meetings and/or networking events.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no formal supervisory responsibilities
Do you strive to deliver excellent instruction, support, and guidance to students* Are you driven to focus on students' individual needs* Do you excel at managing the learning process*
If selected, you will participate in a year-long, comprehensive new teacher training and induction program that includes learning about K12 resources, our culture and how to work on our platforms. This program provides an opportunity to meet colleagues and learn the responsibilities required for delivering curriculum in an online environment. You will also learn how to monitor student progress through K12's learning management system, and to be a partner actively working with students and parents to advance each child's learning.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
* Master's Degree in social work or related social service field AND
* One (1) year of documented social work field experience AND
* Social work education course work, to include Human Behavior in the Social Environment equivalent
Certificates and Licenses: State social work credential in good standing (if applicable)
Other Required Qualifications:
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.); Web proficiency;
* Ability to travel 10% of the time;
* Ability to clear required background check.
* Three (3) years of field experience
* Background working in education
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* This is a home-based position but may require one or more days a week in the office as determined by the supervisor.
The above job is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor. All employment is "at-will" as governed by the law of the state where the employee works. It is further understood that the "at-will" nature of employment is one aspect of employment that cannot be changed except in writing and signed by an authorized officer.
K12 is a Federal Contractor, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status age,, or genetics, or any other characteristic protected by law.