Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Teaching Strategies is a high growth, market leading business in early childhood education. The Company provides the most innovative and effective curriculum, assessment, professional development, and family connection resources to programs serving children from birth through 3rd grade. With ground-breaking print and SaaS solutions and a strong belief that the most powerful way to impact child outcomes is to improve teacher effectiveness, Teaching Strategies has been supporting the critical work of early childhood educators for over 30 years.
Located in downtown Bethesda, MD, our company's headquarters are within steps from Bethesda Row and the Bethesda Metro stop. Candidates who fit with our values, vision, and mission will find a work environment that fosters creativity, innovation and career growth. We are building a team of results-oriented individuals who will thrive in a collaborative, work-hard/play-hard culture. We pride ourselves on the impact we have on the early childhood field through supporting teachers who are doing the most important work there is, teaching children to become creative, confident thinkers.
What\'s In It for You
Teaching Strategies offers our employees a robust suite of benefits and other perks which include:
* Medical, dental, and vision coverage for spouses, domestic partners, and children
* Pre-tax medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts (FSA)
* Health savings accounts with employer contributions
* 401(k) plan with employer match
* Company sponsored life, short and long term disability insurance
* Voluntary life and critical illness insurance
* Commuter benefits
* Generous paid time off (which includes Winter Break)
* Free on-site gym
* Paid parental leave programs
* Professional development and growth opportunities
* Employee referral bonuses
* Casual dress environment
* Company sponsored events
* Competitive compensation package
Teaching Strategies is looking for a highly talented, innovative and creative Mobile Software Engineer to join its technology team. We are looking for engineers that want to make a real impact in early childhood education. Our platform is evolving, so you need to be someone who can build new functionality and learn new technologies quickly as well as be able to maintain and extend existing code to support organizational needs.
Our Software Engineering team is responsible for building out SaaS and mobile solutions used by educational organizations across the globe. The team works on a wide variety of projects, solving existing problems and enabling new business objectives. We believe that great technology experts are also software generalists who are unafraid to jump up and down the stack to solve the problems that come our way. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, working on software that supports millions of users daily, then you have an opportunity to join the technology group at Teaching Strategies.
Specific roles and responsibilities:
* Develops new and maintains existing iOS and Android mobile applications in a cross-platform framework to support organizational growth
* Participates in planning, analysis and design of new software solutions
* Investigates, troubleshoots and remedies performance bottlenecks in the application flow
* Learns new technologies and keeps up with both traditional and emerging best practices
* Works independently and collaborates with other members of the team to ensure successful delivery of projects
* 5+ years of production experience in software engineering and mobile application development
* Experience developing and maintaining mobile applications for iOS and Android
* Experience with React Native and/or Appcelerator Titanium for mobile development
* Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect iOS applications to back-end services
* Excellent debugging and testing skills, and interest to quickly learn new technologies
* Experience with Agile methodology and software development
* Commitment to following security and performance best practices
* Strong sense of collaboration, teamwork, and accountability
* Familiarity with AWS and Google Cloud Platform is a plus
Teaching Strategies, LLC is committed to creating a diverse workplace and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer of Minorities, all Genders, Protected Veterans and Individual with Disabilities. Teaching Strategies, LLC https://teachingstrategies.applicantpool.com