Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Headquartered in Spartanburg, South Carolina, Milliken & Company is a global, innovative, industrial diversified manufacturing company that has been exploring, discovering, and creating ways to enhance people s lives since 1865. With expertise across a breadth of disciplines including specialty chemical, floor covering, and performance materials, the company works around the world every day to add true value to people s lives, improve health and safety, and help make our world more sustainable. Milliken has long led the way for "knowledge-based" investment, employing over 100 PhDs, and has accumulated over 2,200 U.S. patents and more than 5,000 patents worldwide. Milliken is widely acknowledged as an international leader in research technology, innovation, and customer service. With over 35 manufacturing facilities located in the U.S., U.K., Belgium, France, China, India, Mexico, and Australia, and other sales and service operations throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia, Milliken's more than 7,000 associates work to deliver innovations that do good for the world, create new experiences, and build for the future.
The Sales Analyst will be responsible for all aspects of retail orders, inventory and logistics. They will be the lead logistics contact, both internally and externally, for all major First Aid and Animal Health Retailers including Walmart, CVS, Walgreens and Tractor Supply. This includes managing forecasts, inventory, and supply chain efficiency, to ensure proper performance against all customer supply targets and sales needs. Works directly with the sales, purchasing, production and shipping departments to insure orders get processed and shipped on-time and in-full. Works directly with internal accounting to minimize deductions and oversee retailer/ supplier contract obligations are met. Manages the new item set-up process in retailer portals including all product specs, data and documentation.
Scope of Responsibilities:
* Own and maintain all retail reporting functions to assist in optimizing sales and driving business.
* Analyze the POS + shipping Data at Walmart within Retail Link to manage and advise the team on OTIF and Forecasting for the Walmart business.
* Be the first point of contact for replenishment managers at retail partners
* Develop expertise in all customer replenishment systems, strategies and process to influence mutual supply chain efficiencies and forecast alignment
* Drive replenishment and inventory management strategies that maximize product availability at store level, while minimizing excess inventory in the supply chain, internal and external.
* Oversee and enter all product information, spec and documentation for new and updating products in retailer portals and collaborative product management sites.
* Assist purchasing and production with forecasting info.
* Work on deduction issues, POD's and payment/ contract questions
* Establish Collaborative Planning and Forecasting Relationship
* Monitor and update customer forecasts to ensure they accurately reflect POS trends
* Provide weekly/monthly/as needed reporting to the sales team and cross-functional partners outlining inventory positions and supply risks/opportunities
* Responsible for the end to end execution of replenishment activities:
* Monitor customer inventory to ensure in-stocks and weeks of supply meet or exceed customer targets, with an increased focus on high volume stores
* Utilize Customer reporting capabilities to provide weekly analytical support to cross-functional team members
* New item introduction pipeline and discontinued item exit strategy analysis to minimize the impact on missed distribution points and/or costs associated with excess inventory
* Monitoring orders to compare actual vs. forecasted amounts
Specific Knowledge and Skills:
* Analytical: must be able to determine the root cause of policy and supply chain issues to drive appropriate solutions
* Strong interpersonal skills: Will work cross-functionally on retail orders to assist and inform sales, customer service, accounting, production and shipping
* Detail Oriented: Must have meticulous attention to detail for managing new product specs
* Ability to work directly with retail customers; must possess leadership qualities and the ability to negotiate mutually beneficial supply chain programs
* Proficient in Excel and database management, SAP a plus
Education and Work Experience:
* Bachelor's degree required
* Experience supporting Walmart and strong knowledge of Customer Systems
* Mastery of Walmart's Retail Link system required
* Experience with other major CPG retailer b2b portals and reporting desired
* Breadth and depth of supply chain experience highly desired
* A minimum of 3 years in Consumer Packaged Goods roles in supply chain, forecasting, and/or logistics preferred
By combining science with design and insights, Milliken tackles the issues and concerns of today. Every day, our community of innovators is invigorated by the challenge of finding creative ways to enhance people's lives and make the world around us easier, safer, more sustainable and more beautiful.
Milliken & Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability