Posted in Management 30+ days ago.
The General Manager of NA Aftermarket operations is a highly visible, highly influential member of a progressive, award-winning leadership team. The ideal candidate will oversee the management of all aspects of distribution, remanufacturing, and manufacturing across six locations in North America, maintaining Meritor’s market leading safety, production, and fill rates. Moreso, they will have a direct role in maintaining NA Aftermarket’s performance and team-based culture regarded as “second to none”. Their team will meet customer fill rate goals while achieving quality standards and cost objectives. Teamwork, pride in the business, and a willingness to serve both the customer and our employees are vital for success in this role. As a member of the North American Aftermarket Leadership team they will play an instrumental role in forging strategies, guiding the business, developing upcoming leaders, and delivering proven results.
Ability to travel 20% as required
• Builds and manages a high performing team.
• Development and formulation of long and short-range planning, policies, programs and objectives.
• Ensures procedures for maintaining high standards of distribution and remanufacturing operations are in place to ensure that customer and company quality standards are achieved.
• Formulates and recommends policies and programs that guide the organization in maintaining and improving its competitive position and the profitability of the operation.
• Directs and monitors site managers to accomplish goals
• Identifies, recommends and implements changes to improve productivity and reduce cost and scrap, monitor scrap and rework data.
• Directs the establishment, implementation and maintenance of reman & distribution standards.
• Initiates, directs and coordinates major projects
• Develop and implement strategies to ensure high fill rates
• Bachelor's degree required; MBA preferred
• 7-10 years Distribution experience required
• Operations experience preferred
• Experience in Lean Distribution