Under direct supervision, this position is responsible for Laboratory functions that may include component production, labeling, maintenance of records, and data entry.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Performs all assigned duties in compliance with internal SOPs and external regulations. Is responsible for bringing compliance issues to the attention of management.
Assures quality customer service to all customers.
Prepares all blood components including centrifugation, separation, freezing, thawing, washing, storage, sterile docking, transformation, and filtration. Assures product quality, volume, assay requirements, appearance and time requirements.
Maintains accurate records and computer entry for component production.
Performs receipt of freshly drawn units and samples, and unpacks, evaluates, and routes samples for accessioning.
Performs labeling of routine and special components and quarantine of unacceptable components.
Maintains equipment and work areas as assigned.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
High School graduate or GED required.
No experience required.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time, bend, and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be detail oriented and possess strong communication, organization, and analytical skills.
- Must be able to maintain donor, patient and employee confidentiality.
- Must possess basic keyboarding skills and the ability to handle and operate laboratory equipment.
- Must be able to work flexible shifts and overtime when necessary.