Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
US-PA-Lawrence | US-NJ | US-NY | US-MD | US-VA | US-PA-Blue Bell | US-TX | US-IL-Elk Grove Village | US-MI-Troy
This Business Development role leverages Black Box s broad portfolio of Technology Products/Solutions to deliver a competitive advantage focusing on the Federal Government Military/Defense vertical. This position will be responsible for growing revenues and wallet-share at both System Integrators and End-Users, positioning Black Box as the trusted expert and leading technology solutions provider helping build, manage, optimize, and secure IT infrastructure
* The primary objective is to achieve annual year over year growth measured by revenue, market share, and profitability.
* Responsible for creating new business and increasing market share with System Integrators and End-Users who are actively involved in the Federal Government Military/Defense Space.
* Leverage Black Box s domain knowledge and product portfolio to deliver value added solutions.
* Build brand awareness and application intimacy to grow overall wallet-share by getting Black Box products engineered and specified .
* Ensure all Black Box products meet required specifications and included in all Government/DoD approved bidder lists and RFQ s.
* Develop and cultivate strategic relationships with stakeholders (S.I. s & End-User s) acting as Black Box s primary contact. Identify major influencers and decision makers to help drive sustainable long-term partnerships.
* Develop pull through business by working with indirect channels (Distributors, and Resellers) to coordinate efforts and ensure Black Box interests are protected and maximized.
* Provide Customer inputs regarding market conditions, competitor strategies and industry trends that drive real-time feedback and contributes to the product development process by articulating Voice of Customer and User.
* Utilizes Salesforce.com (CRM) to effectively self-manage activities to insure success with respect to revenue and growth. Responsible for building and managing an active pipeline of new business opportunities and prioritizing resources that include developing early stage prospects and active pursuits. Collaborate and coordinate efforts amongst Sales Team and Channel Partners to ensure Black Box is in a position with highest chances of success.
* Responsible for coordinating with S&OP to validate forecasted demand, product mix, and delivery requirements are communicated and support continuous information flow within Black Box.
* Prepare and deliver monthly business reviews. Monitor and review performance against plan/forecast and lead in-depth reviews to explore variances and advise Black Box management on significant changes, developments and actions required.
* Negotiate pricing and contractual terms as required, in line with company guidelines.
* Professionally represent Black Box at all applicable tradeshows, meetings, trainings, industry associations, public events, etc.
* Bachelor s degree and MBA preferred
* 7 10 years of experience developing and cultivating relationships with System Integrators and End-Users.
* Federal Government (DoD and/or Civilian) and System Integrator experience required
* Experience with control rooms, video walls, high performance KVM, etc.
* Possesses a high degree of self-motivation. Driven by metrics and produces results that meet or exceed Black Box s growth requirements.
* Creates profitable growth by identifying opportunities to develop and market new products, services or solutions.
* Knows and understands all aspects of the Federal Government Military/Defense market including required regulatory issues, market drivers, channels, key stakeholders, etc.
* Combines strong hunting and networking instincts with the ability to develop and manage long-term business relationships.
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team. Can establish and build collaborative relationships and has ability to influence cross-functionally.
* Strategic mindset with the ability to execute tactically. Uses instinct as well as data to accurately assess business situations and industry trends; makes timely, appropriate recommendations and implements appropriate plans.
* Personal leadership style that includes self-awareness. Accepts feedback, understands and maximizes strengths while working to develop weaknesses. Ability to develop learning/understanding of new products and technologies.
* Leads with a strong set of values. Maintain high ethical standards
* Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
What s in it for You*
Black Box Network Services offers a competitive total rewards benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision coverage, in addition to a wide variety of additional benefits like a 401K, life insurance, employee assistance programs, fitness reimbursements, identity theft protection, education/scholarship programs and more!
We understand attracting great talent requires going beyond just competitive compensation and benefits. Black Box provides challenging work that creates advancement opportunities within the organization for those demonstrating desire and aptitude through their achievements. We have no shortage of opportunities. If you are looking for a business that allows for individual reward and growth, we are the place for you!
About Black Box Network Services
Black Box Network Services is a leading technology solutions provider dedicated to helping customers design, deploy and manage their IT infrastructure. We deliver high-value products and services through our global presence and 2,500 team members. Black Box is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with Federal, State and Local laws, Black Box does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status, and endorses those policies and practices which seek to recruit, hire, train and promote the most qualified persons into available jobs.