Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
The primary function of this position is to perform maintenance and repairs to manufacturing machinery, equipment and property. This position will operate and assist in all functions of maintenance and repairs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Ensure correct and safe operation of equipment and machinery using a computerized maintenance management system (CMMS).
* Troubleshoot and maintain motors, conveyors, electrical systems, PLC machinery, pneumatic tools and hydraulic equipment.
* Identify faulty equipment through observation and testing metrics.
* Source replacement parts and perform repairs.
* Work with facility manager to continually update the production process and system software.
* Attend daily shift meetings to prioritize work orders and minimize downtime.
* Safely operate cranes, power tools, hoists and hand tools.
* Assess the condition of used parts using micrometers, calipers and specifications.
* Maintain parts and tools inventory.
* Prepare maintenance reports and summary presentations using daily activity logs, analysis and trends.
* Maintain electrical, pneumatics, hydraulics and mechanical knowledge via on-going training, industry workshops and technical reading.
* Maintain industrial equipment and repair or replace malfunctioning production or processing machinery
* Inspect equipment on a regular basis and submit appropriate documentation of test results and work order resolutions
* Shut down and disassemble machinery as needed
* Order and install replacement parts when necessary to keep industrial equipment functioning in top condition
* Preventative maintenance on equipment per maintenance calendar.
* Perform unplanned maintenance on equipment as needed
* Special projects and assignments as business dictates
This position has no supervisory responsibilities
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
* High School Diploma or equivalent and completion of a craft apprenticeship, or an equivalent number of years of education, qualifying experience or skills.
* Advanced technical or college training preferred
* Minimum of 3 years industrial maintenance or heavy equipment experience required
* Must read, write, and communicate in English as it relates to this position and to the safety regulations.
* Must meet the ergonomic and physical requirements, as well as the physical base profile (below) for this position.
* Good Mechanical aptitude and Basic working knowledge of mechanical systems and machines. Advanced understanding of hydraulics, pneumatics and mechanics
* Basic understanding of electrical systems and CNC equipment
* Comfortable with computers
* Knowledge of Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) preferred
* Must be able to perform all of the job functions safely.
* Must meet the company quality and performance standards for the job as specified in the Procedures Manuals.
* Must agree to wear the proper assigned PPE and shoes approved for this job as specified in Contact and Safety Requirements.
* Ability to work a flexible schedule.
* Prior work experience in the industry preferred.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
* Team-oriented and self-directed.
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to handle or feel.
* The employee frequently is required to talk or hear.
* The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
* The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
* Regular exposure to moving mechanical parts.
* Frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions.
* Occasionally exposed to high, precarious places, fumes or airborne particles; vibrations
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
May be required to maintain a current Lift Truck License and/or other appropriate certification to work in certain areas or certain equipment
Employmnt Type : Full Time
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This company is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.