Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Employee-owned Kitchell, a Construction Management firm is seeking an experienced and dedicated Project Manager in San Jose, CA. The Project Manager to be responsible for the proper management and control of the scope of services as defined in the project contract documents in order to meet the goals and objectives of the project.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Directs, leads and is accountable for all phases of the project.
* Ensures project operations are executed in accordance with company project management procedures and policies.
* Participates in preparation and negotiation of owner contracts and ensures delivery and adherence to contractual requirements and that all aspects of owner contracts are accomplished.
* Assists owner in the procurement of design professional and consultant services and administers contracts.
* Prepares project budget, maintains cost control information, identifies cost impacts and provides recommendations for cost control.
* Prepares master project schedule, ensures preparation of construction schedule, assesses any delays and enforces schedule conformance.
* Manages and coordinates the design review process and participates in value engineering sessions.
* Ensures contractor bid interest, organizes and directs pre-bid conference, analyzes bid results and recommends bidder for contract award.
* Organizes and directs pre-construction conference.
* Oversees and evaluates preconstruction and construction progress and team performance to ensure conformance with schedule, budget and contractual requirements.
* Implements and maintains effective systems of communication within and outside the project to ensure constructive relationships and the adequate flow of information.
* Ensures preparation and distribution of construction observation reports, progress status reports, schedules, pay applications and cost control reports.
* Ensures implementation and maintenance of effective document control mechanisms for the project including as builts, submittals and requests for information.
* Estimates, negotiates, recommends and distributes change orders to owner, design team and contractor.
* Manages pay application process to ensure accurate submissions and timely transmittal of approved pay applications to owner for processing.
* Manages project job costs in accordance with Kitchell budget, updates forecasting schedule and processes billings to ensure profit objectives are achieved.
* Oversees orderly project closeout efforts, organization of project documentation and coordination of warranty work.
* Identifies and manages risk on the project, and advises and confers with regional executive prior to implementing risk mitigation actions.
* Supports and participates in business development and marketing efforts including the preparation of proposals and presentations for new work and active participation in the business community.
* Actively participates on internal teams that focus on continuous improvement of the company.
* Ensures workplace health and safety policies and procedures are clearly communicated and understood by direct reports and enforces rules fairly and uniformly.
* Proactively manages the training and professional development of direct reports.
* Facilitates and ensures the continuous and effective execution of the performance management process for direct reports.
* Manages the staffing and compensation of direct reports in accordance with company policies and procedures.
* Executes additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Experience
* Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university in architecture, engineering, construction management or related field.
* Minimum 5 years' progressive and position related work experience in construction management, and at least 2 years related work experience managing two or more employees required.
* LEED Professional Accreditation and/or Certified Construction Manager (CCM) preferred.
* Experience in the healthcare market desired, however not required.
Knowledge and Skills
* Knowledge of architecture, engineering and construction management industry including current conditions and industry network.
* Effective computer skills including proficient use of Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint software required, and project management (P6) and scheduling database (Prolog) software preferred.
* Effective verbal and written communication skills, including the advanced ability to foster and maintain effective interpersonal relationships.
* Ability to provide leadership and financial management support to a project team.
* Ability to demonstrate the competencies of achieving results, communication and building teamwork.
* Commitment to the values of Kitchell with attention to honesty and integrity, quality of work, customer satisfaction, people development, profitability and managing change.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee must regularly work in an office and or construction environment.
* Conditions regularly include exposure to outdoor elements, hot/cold temperatures, wet conditions, noise, atmospheric conditions and cramped quarters.
* The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee must regularly sit, stand, walk, talk or hear and use hands to finger, feel and handle; frequently reach with hands and arms; occasionally climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
* Must frequently lift and or move 10 pounds and occasionally lift and or move up to 50 pounds.
About Our Company
Kitchell is an employee-owned company with a nearly 70-year history in general contracting, construction management, development, facilities management, engineering and architecture and myriad other services within the built environment. Our employee-owners manage projects from main offices in Arizona, California and Texas. We offer an entrepreneurial environment that fosters personal and professional growth with in-house education programs, formal and informal mentoring and cross-training opportunities. We prefer to grow from within, building careers and financial stability through long-term ownership. We are consistently ranked among the top places to work, attributable to our tenured staff and outstanding benefits including profit-sharing, discretionary stock options, incentive bonuses, health and life insurance, health savings accounts (HSA) with wellness incentives, 401(k), college savings plans, business travel assistance and insurance, discounted auto and homeowners insurance, identity theft protection, rewards programs and much more.
Kitchell is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.5Thank you for your interest in KITCHELL. Our records indicate that you have already submitted an application for employment. Should your prior experience match our business needs, you will be contacted by a representative of our company.The goal of the questions that you have just answered is to help determine if this opportunity would be a good match for you and our company. At this time your qualifications do not match any of our positions. Your application will remain active for 30 days. Please do not reapply during this time period, as your application will register in the system as "Already Applied". Thank you for your interest in employment with us.