Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Are you interested in joining one of the world s largest, fastest-growing, and most dynamic companies? If so, you have come to the right place. Stanley Black & Decker is an $11B Fortune 500 company that offers a rich and storied history dating back to 1843. This opportunity resides within STANLEY Electronic Security, a global division of Stanley Black & Decker. At STANLEY Electronic Security we design, install, service, and monitor electronic security systems that integrate intrusion, fire, video surveillance, access control and monitoring applications.
The Purchasing Associate reports to the Procurement Manager The primary areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to coordination of activities involved with procuring goods and services such as materials, equipment, tools, parts, supplies, and indirect goods and services, for a specific area or region by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities
It is the responsibility of the Purchasing Associate to understand the accepted business purchasing methods and know the purchasing policies and procedures of this organization. The Purchasing Associate must conduct all business in accordance first with policies, procedures and DOA then to act in accordance with the best business purchasing standards as currently practiced or as directed by the Procurement Manager. The Purchasing Associate must become familiar with the people in this organization with whom transactions will be conducted and to be knowledgeable about the business and products of the organization to convey any unrestricted and required information accurately to suppliers.
* Responsible for day to day supplier relationship to include daily communications and business relationships at the local/regional level.
* Responsible for supporting various locations and internal customers with regard to daily transactional responsibilities that ensure a 100% customer service level.
* Work with Procurement Manager to achieve a 100% service level, cost savings/margin improvements and inventory sourcing goals.
* Review material and labor requisitions for completeness and clarity. Obtain necessary missing information where required. Diplomatically educate field of what data is necessary to obtain a good product or proper service.
* Shop for best sources across varied supplier resources, minding organizational preferred Vendors as determined by GSM.
* Prepare purchase orders or other agreements as necessary and check them for accuracy and completeness before issuing.
* Review acknowledgements for agreement with purchase orders and resolve any discrepancies with the supplier to the best possible advantage for this organization.
* Follow-up or expedite orders as necessary to meet schedules.
* Keep the Procurement Manager informed of all activities or problems and submit reports as requested by management.
* Follow up on tracking goods and materials
* Review and resolve invoice exceptions as expressed by Accounts Payable.
* Ability to perform duties in a highly fast-paced environment. Achieve daily minimum order processing quota as well as additional performance based metrics.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to sit and work on a computer; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. At times, incumbent may be required to lift up to 50 lbs.
* Excellent PC skills (Excel, Word, etc.)
* Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
* Excellent Customer Service skills.
* Must have ability and motivation to learn quickly, multi-task and take initiative to perform work accurately and effectively.
* Strong team player with ability to work effectively on cross-functional teams.
* Must have a positive, customer-focused outlook and have a strong learning orientation.
* High School Diploma or GED
* 2+ years related Supply Chain Management experience
* Experience with SAP and Quickbase
* Associates degree in business
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law