Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
The stem cell transplantation and cellular therapies programs at Dana-Farber/Brigham and Women s Cancer Center and Boston Children s are among the largest and most experienced programs in the world. These programs have performed more than 11,500 transplants for the treatment of blood cancers and related disorders since they began in 1972, originally as a joint program, and have made major contributions to the advancement of research and care across many diagnoses. The programs have tracked and provided valuable data to the Center for International Blood & Marrow Transplant Research (CIBMTR), the official U.S. repository for stem cell transplantation and cellular therapies, since its inception and consistently exceed expected outcomes set by the CIBMTR.
The Cellular Therapy Data Quality Analyst will be responsible to ensure and manage clinical and outcomes data quality for a case management and outcomes reporting system for cellular therapy recipients. They will be a critical team member to participate in a data quality project to increase the integrity of converted historic clinical data. The Cellular Therapy Data Quality Analyst will report to the Data and Systems Quality Manager.
Located in Boston and the surrounding communities, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute brings together world renowned clinicians, innovative researchers and dedicated professionals, allies in the common mission of conquering cancer, HIV/AIDS and related diseases. Combining extremely talented people with the best technologies in a genuinely positive environment, we provide compassionate and comprehensive care to patients of all ages; we conduct research that advances treatment; we educate tomorrow's physician/researchers; we reach out to underserved members of our community; and we work with amazing partners, including other Harvard Medical School-affiliated hospitals.
* Monitor data completeness and quality of historic outcome data in the research and clinical database
* Work with physicians, data scientists, clinical and quality teams within program to manage requests for data
* Build Quality Assurance (QA) lists using SQL to assess accuracy and completeness of the data
* Prepare detailed audit reports and work with clinical and quality managers in the program to improve data quality
* Design ad hoc queries for QA purposes and coordinate with data specialist team to execute
* Work with the operational and clinical teams to gain an understanding of current workflow
* B.A. or B.S. or Masters in related field (preferred)
* 2+ years of experience using Query tools such as SQL and/or SAS (coursework in master's program may be considered)
* Data management and/or quality control experience with large data sets, prererably in a medical setting
* Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with written and verbal English
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
* Exceptional attention to detail and ability to recognize patterns in data
* Advanced Excel skills
* Excellent communication skills, ability to relate effectively in person and work well in a team
* Complex problem solving skills
* An ability to work independently
* Has a strong understanding of data management processes, and is able to resolve complex issues and questions independently
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is an equal opportunity employer and affirms the right of every qualified applicant to receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, age, ancestry, military service, protected veteran status, or other groups as protected by law.