Posted in Admin - Clerical 30+ days ago.
Job ID: 206479
Coral Industries a CRH company, is a leading manufacturer of quality architectural and shower enclosure products in North America.
The Accounting Assistant is responsible for performing routine and repetitive clerical accounting and bookkeeping duties associated with Accounts Payable functions following established procedures to accomplish duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Reviews and processes all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment
• Prints and obtains signatures on all accounts payable checks
• Distributes signed checks as required
• Prepares garnishment checks per reports from payroll
• Answers all vendor inquires relating to invoices
• Maintains all accounts payable reports, spreadsheets and other payable files
• Reconcile monthly incoming vendor statements and, when applicable, call vendors concerning any discrepancies
• Assists in monthly closing
• Prepares analysis of accounts, as required
• Performs filing, scanning and copying of documents
• Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies and work procedures and instructions.
• Other accounting duties as assigned by the Finance Manager
Regular and predictable attendance, safely perform tasks and adherence to all safety policies and procedures are essential functions of your job.
Skills, Knowledge, and Ability Requirements
To be considered for an Accounting Assistant – Payable position, the following conditions must be met:
• High School Diploma or GED
• Minimum 2 years' accounts payable experience
• Intermediate or above skill level in Excel
• Proficient in 10-key operation
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Personal desktop computers, fax machine, copy machine, calculator, writing instruments, telephone, and various printers.
• Issued safety equipment
• This position is largely sedentary; however, caution needs to be taken when lifting files and/or boxes, and opening file cabinet drawers.
• To avoid injuries to hands, back and neck, proper ergonomics should be maintained while working at desk/workstation.
• Primarily works in an office environment with controlled climate.
• Ability to perform light hand activity work at a computer/telephone station in an office environment. Position is primarily sedentary.
What CRH Americas Offers You
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Coral Industries, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.