Posted in Other 29 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Associate, Corporate Development & Strategy
Location: Santa Clara, CA
Organization: Corporate Development & Strategy
The Corporate Development & Strategy organization at Chegg is extremely active and growing! We are strategists, analysts, thought leaders, relationship builders, and dealmakers. We work closely with our C-team to drive alignment and decision-making around our long-term vision and growth strategy. To this end, the team conducts market and competitive research to identify trends, patterns, and areas of future opportunity. We also aid in the execution of the strategic roadmap and are responsible for managing Chegg s M&A activities. We source, negotiate, and close transactions, and then develop and manage their integration plans with a cross-functional deal team.
The Role: Associate, Corporate Development & Strategy
We re looking for a highly motivated individual who can tackle a big role with high visibility to the executive team. As a member of the team, you will collaborate with Chegg s senior executives and business unit leaders on Chegg s overall growth strategy and further develop our thesis on the education landscape. You will help answer important strategic questions, understand and analyze the education and edtech markets, help develop the M&A pipeline, evaluate potential targets, execute due diligence, and provide valuable input on the future trajectory of the company.
* Work directly with the Chief Strategy Officer and the VP, Corporate Development & Strategy, as well as other stakeholders including company executives, finance, legal, marketing, engineering, and human resources, among others
* Research, understand, and articulate market trends and areas of opportunity to develop our thesis on the Education market and its competitive landscape
* Support strategic initiatives such as international expansion, product expansion, audience expansion, and partnerships, among others
* Analyze other companies and evaluate their potential as partners, competitors, acquisition opportunities, or investment candidates
* Support the M&A function in all areas, from preliminary due diligence to valuation, transaction structuring, financial modeling, transaction execution, and integration
* Bachelor s degree and 3-5 years of experience in investment banking, private equity, venture capital or related field OR equivalent training or work experience
* Strong capabilities in market and competitive research, business analysis, and financial modeling
* Experience communicating with, and presenting to, senior management, and external partners
* Desire to work across a breadth of projects, including corporate strategy research, development, and planning to acquisition and integration-related process management and deal execution
* Able to report into our Santa Clara, CA headquarters (with some flexibility to report into our San Francisco, CA office from time to time)
* Prior experience or demonstrated interest in the Education and EdTech sectors
What is Chegg*
An always on digital learning platform.
Chegg puts students first Everything we build in this company is student-focused, making us the leading student-first connected learning platform. Chegg strives to improve the overall return on investment in education by helping students learn more in less time and at a lower cost. This is achieved by providing students a multitude of educational tools from affordable textbook rentals to Chegg Study which supplements their learning through 24/7 tutor access, step-by-step help with questions, and more. Chegg is a publicly-held company based in Santa Clara, California and trades on the NYSE under the symbol CHGG.
Why do we exist*
Students are working harder than ever before to stabilize their future. Our recent research study called State of the Student shows that nearly 3 out of 4 students are working to support themselves through college and 1 in 3 students feel pressure to spend more than they can afford. We founded our business on provided affordable textbook rental options to address these issues. Since then, we ve expanded our offerings to supplement many facets of higher educational learning through Chegg Study, Chegg Math, Chegg Writing, Chegg Internships, Thinkful Online Learning, and more to support students beyond their college experience. These offerings lower financial concerns for students by modernizing their learning experience. We exist so students everywhere have a smarter, faster, more affordable way to student.
Video Shorts - Life at Chegg: Https://jobs.chegg.com/Video-Shorts-Chegg-Services
Certified Great Place to Work!: Http://reviews.greatplacetowork.com/chegg
Chegg Corporate Career Page: Https://jobs.chegg.com/
Chegg India: Http://www.cheggindia.com/
Chegg Israel: Http://insider.geektime.co.il/organizations/chegg
Thinkful (A Chegg Online Learning Service): Https://www.thinkful.com/about/#careers
Chegg is an equal opportunity employer