Posted in Engineering 30+ days ago.
Work Location: Patuxent River, MD
Part Time Exempt Position.
The Senior Engineer Applies engineering principles to investigate, analyze, plan, design, develop, implement, test, and evaluate hardware and software, including military weapons systems. Reviews and prepares engineering and technical analyses, reports, change proposals, and other technical documentation. The engineer applies engineering experience to perform functions such as system integration, configuration management, quality assurance testing, or acquisition and resource management. Shall analyze, design, develop, implement, test, and evaluate automated data processing software related to engineering or functional requirements of military weapon systems, associated support systems, or management information systems. The engineer may perform as a subject matter expert (SME) in Test and Evaluation (T&E), electrical or mechanical systems, or airborne platform. The engineer shall perform as an engineering team leader in developing engineering procedures and controls, managing project efforts, and resolving problems.
DUTIES INCLUDE: The following job functions are a basic requirement but are not limited to and may be assigned other duties.
• Senior Engineer to support AID Chief Engineer as well as PIE COR with data analysis
• Assist Instrumentation Division in managing investments
• Execution of current I&M, 219 & 852 efforts
• Solicit investment ideas, generate proposals
• Represent AID at periodic investment meetings, with direction of AID Chief Engineer
• Update investment roadmap
• Investigate the types of investment options available (generate a guidance document)
• Program management tasks supporting the ongoing Spectrum Relocation Fund (SRF) effort
• Program management tasks supporting Network Based Telemetry (NBT) project
• Program management and data analysis tasks supporting COR
• 75-80% support for AID Chief Engineer, 20-25% support for PIE COR
• Most work is performed in enclosed buildings.
• Work will include sitting, standing, walking, lifting and reaching. Must be capable of lifting 50 lbs. unassisted.
• (Part Time status with weekly hours between 20 to 29 hours- may be adjusted as necessary)
• Work site works a 9/80 schedule (Mon Thurs 9 hours, alternating Friday, 1 work 8 hrs. 1 off)
EDUCATION/ EXPERIENCE/ SKILLS:
• A Master's Degree in an engineering discipline (aerospace, chemical, civil, computer, electrical, electronics, industrial, materials, mechanical, nuclear) from a school where the degree curriculum was accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET).
• A minimum of 10 years' experience in performing the stated functions.
• Subs: In lieu of MS Degree, a Bachelor's Degree in stated fields and a total of 15 years' experience in performing the stated functions.
• Must be familiar with overall AID organization, both from a technical and business process standpoint
• Expert in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel. Microsoft Project experience also required
• Experience being a site owner utilizing Microsoft SharePoint
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Must be able to represent AID to internal and external stakeholders regarding investments
• Must be able to work independently, telework is acceptable, must report to NAS Pax regularly to support meetings etc.
• Current Driver License required. Must be able to be insured through Company's vehicle insurance policy while driving work/government/rental vehicles during working hours, and for the duration of your work employment.
• US Citizenship required and at a minimum an interim Secret security clearance prior to hire and be granted and maintain a Secret security clearance throughout employment.
• All candidates will be required to pass a consumer report and/or consumer investigation to include SSN, Driver Record and Criminal Background Investigation.
All responses will be handled with strict confidentiality.