Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Duquesne Light Company, headquartered in downtown Pittsburgh, is a leader in providing electric energy and has been in the forefront of the electric energy market, with a history rooted in technological innovation and superior customer service. Today, the company continues its role as a leader in the transmission and distribution of electric energy, providing a secure supply of reliable power to more than half a million customers in southwestern Pennsylvania.
Duquesne Light Company is committed to creating a culture of inclusion. We value and respect the unique differences and experiences of our employees. We believe that our differences lead to better collaboration, innovation and outcomes. We want you to join our team!
Job Family: Information Technology
Discipline: Infrastructure Engineers
Career Level: Associate III
Department: Technology Services
As part of our team, you must be a skilled infrastructure engineer with a strong understanding of application elements, networking, storage, systems management, and automation. You will work with diverse technologies to improve automation of manual operations and craft reliable and repeatable processes. In addition, you will be responsible for maintaining a high-availability server infrastructure, applying operating system updates, managing configuration changes, system tuning, and troubleshooting.
To be successful in this role, you must be a curious and eager problem solver and have a passion for great work. You enjoy being challenged to figure things out, and coming up with simple solutions to tough problems. You like to automate any task that you have to do more than once. You have a strong passion for technology and enjoy to continually learn new things.
* Work with application and project teams to design and implement a secure and scalable infrastructure.
* Monitor and maintain mission-critical production infrastructure to ensure maximum uptime.
* Participate in a 24x7 on-call rotation for off-hours incidents.
* Create and maintain system documentation.
* Be a subject matter expert on at least one of the following technologies: RedHat Linux distributions (CentOS, RHEL, Oracle Linux), OracleVM, Pure Storage, Dell/EMC Isilon, Dell/EMC Avamar IDPA, Cisco UCS, Oracle Exadata.
* Participate in incident resolution and provide root cause analysis.
* Provide a high level of customer service while effectively documenting and communicating processes and improvements of a routine nature.
* Fundamental understanding of the Linux operating system, TCP/IP networking, and storage subsystems.
* Experience in at least one scripting language (Bash, Python, Perl)
* Experience with system configuration tools. (Puppet, Chef, Ansible)
* Familiarity with infrastructure monitoring and logging tools (Nagios, Elastic Stack, Splunk, Prometheus)
* Exceptional verbal and written communications skills. The ability to write clearly and communicate openly with the team is required
Nice To Haves:
* Experience with Red Hat Satellite
* Experience administering IBM AIX
* Familiarity with application server technologies (WebSphere, WebLogic, Tomcat)
* Familiarity with container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes)
* Familiarity with source control systems (Git, Subversion)
Does not supervise others.
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree with 7+ years of relevant professional experience.
Primary focus is on daily deliverables, outputs and reporting. Typically accountable for managing ones own time and work flow. Responsibilities are generally tactical in nature and work is typically of moderate complexity requiring the incumbent to draw on previous knowledge to perform role. Continues to build knowledge base but has a solid foundation to act independently the majority of the time. Still draws on experts and managers when needed but less frequently.
Duquesne Light Company is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all people in all aspects of the employment relationship, without discrimination because of race, age, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran or any other unlawful basis, as defined by applicable law, and fostering a workplace free of unlawful discrimination and retaliation. This policy affects decisions including, but not limited to, hiring, compensation, benefits, terms and conditions of employment, opportunities for promotion, transfer, layoffs, return from a layoff, training and development, and other privileges of employment. An integral part of Duquesne Light's commitment is to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws concerning equal employment and affirmative action.