Hours: Monday-Friday, 0800-1630 or 0830-1700 (rotating shifts). 72hrs per pay period
Accepts responsibility and accountability for the delivery of care through the use of the nursing process. Directs and guides patient and family education. Cares for all types of oncology/hematology and related patients in Medical Oncology while maintaining professional nursing standards. Practices nursing within the Mercy Medical Center - North Iowa professional nursing practice plan.
1. Current RN license in the state of Iowa.
2. Associate Degree in Nursing or graduate from an RN program required
3. Must complete and successfully pass Oncology Nursing Society (ONS) courses: Cancer Basics and Chemotherapy Biotherapy: Fundamentals of Administration courses after 9 months of employment, must successfully complete the ONS/ONCC Chemotherapy Biotherapy Certificate course, and renew every 2 years.
4. Strongly preferred OCN certification within 2 years of employment. .
Prefer minimum of 4 years of experience in a health care setting, inpatient, outpatient, home care, hospice or clinic experience, all possess transferable skills or knowledge valuable to the Cancer Center.
Special Skills and Competencies:
Effective verbal and written communication skills.
Demonstrates knowledge and support for the principles of customer relations in daily activities.
Must have the sensitivity and understanding need to work with cancer patients.
Self-motivated, detail-oriented individual able to work with minimum supervision and possess the ability to work under pressure due to fluctuating workloads.
Ability to work as a team.
MercyOne North Iowa Medical Center Offers:
• Competitive wages; including weekend and night differentials
• Benefit Package (Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan) for positions 16 hours per week or greater
• Educational assistance
• Success Sharing - a bonus when the organization meets its goals
All offers are contingent upon the successful completion of references, background checks, pre-employment physical, drug screen and post offer exam.
EEO Employer F/M/Veteran/Disabled
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), VEVRAA, and Section 503, should you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a currently open position with MercyOne North Iowa Medical Center, please call Human Resources at (641) 428-7287 or email us at email@example.com
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs about 133,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 22 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.