Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
Join Land O'Lakes, and you join boundless thinkers and doers from all walks of life working together to feed the world. Take pride in working with some of America's favorite brands, including Purina Animal Nutrition, WinField United, Vermont Creamery and KozyShack, and more.
You'll be joining a team committed to e verything from the seeds that go into the ground, to the technology that improves crop yields and sustainability, to the grain that animals eat to produce milk, to marketing the final product, like our many legendary products.
We're looking for audacious optimists and innovative thinkers to help us meet food's toughest challenges.
Purina Animal Nutrition- Maintenance Technician- 3rd Shift
This role is part of our Purina Animal Nutrition business helping our network of local cooperatives, independent dealers and other large retailers serve producers, and animal owners throughout the United States. Through industry -leading R&D and committed partnerships, we innovate the nutrition products and practices that unlock the full potential of every animal for a healthier, more productive life.
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for monitoring, troubleshooting, repairing and maintaining plant processing, facility and support equipment.
HOURS: Sunday-Thursday, 10:00 pm till 6:30 am
* High School Diploma or GED
* 1+ years prior industrial maintenance experience, knowledge and/or education
* Basic computer skills or ability to learn
* Ability to troubleshoot machinery
* Ability to perform preventative maintenance on plant machinery
* Ensures a safe working environment for self and others while performing assigned tasks
* 18 years or older
* Able to work in a fast-paced environment
* Ability to effectively work with a variety of people and departments
* Ability to be flexible in work performed and schedule
* Self-reliant and able to accurately work under limited supervision
* Communicates work order progress to supervisor and production operators
* Customer focused and able to work in a collaborative team
* Adhere to all standard operating procedures (SOPs)
* Ability to read, write, comprehend, follow verbal and written instructions and possess basic mathematical skills
* Possess mechanical aptitude. Some experience with mechanical systems, utilizing product manuals, troubleshooting mechanical breakdowns, and reading mechanical drawings.
* Ability to understand, record, and verbalize detailed information accurately
* Ability to be observant, accurate, and capable of following directions
* Knowledge and compliance of all safety guidelines
* 2-4 years prior industrial maintenance experience, knowledge and/or education
* Experience with basic electrical systems, compressors, welding, plumbing, conveyers, hydraulics, packaging, PLC, pneumatics, preventive maintenance, and pumps.
* Forklift experience preferred or willing to be trained for certification
* Ability to demonstrate knowledge in their functions and ability to troubleshoot and fix system issues is preferred
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Working in a manufacturing or warehouse environment, you will be walking, standing and engaging in movement throughout the day, and occasionally to frequently be required to lift items weighing up to 50 lbs. Due to a large variety of job duties (both routine and non-routine), certain duties also may involve, a variety of physical activities including bending, lifting, stooping, turning, twisting, pushing, pulling, raising arms above shoulders and head, standing, working in enclosed areas, climbing stairs or ladders, and operating heavy machinery. The noise level in the work environment can vary but noise is usually low to moderate.
At times, you may be required to wear personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, safety gloves, hearing protection, a respirator or dust mask, protective footwear and protective clothing or uniforms. Work may be performed in cold and/or hot temperatures and the environment can be dusty. Physical requirements further include the ability to engage in productive and collaborative communication with co-workers and work may need to be performed during non-standard hours, including nights and weekends. At times, the ability to work overtime also may be required. The ability to perform these requirements is necessary to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The company engages in an interactive process to review requests for reasonable accommodations that may be needed to allow qualified individuals with disabilities to perform all the essential functions of the position. Requests for reasonable accommodation should be directed to the Hiring Manager.
WAGE RANGE SALARY:
Land O'Lakes, Inc offers a competitive salary and bonus potential. The company also provides a comprehensive benefits package as well as many other company sponsored benefits.
Nothing in this job description restricts the management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Applicants must successfully pass a pre-employment (post offer) background check.
Land O'Lakes, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/Vets/Disabled. The company maintains a drug-free workforce, including pre- and post-employment substance abuse testing pursuant to a Drug and Alcohol Policy.
Neither Land O'Lakes, nor its search firms, will ever contact you and ask for confidential information over the phone or in email. If you receive a call or email like this, please do not provide the information being requested.
Land O'Lakes endeavors to make Landolakesinc.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the HR Solution Center at 844-LOL-HR4U (844-565-4748) M-F 8:00am-4:30pm CT.