Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Safely operate residential / recycling collection truck, side-load and/or rear-load truck and ancillary equipment on assigned route to service customers while providing excellent customer service. Deliver solid waste / recyclables to designated disposal / recycling facility.
• Operate a residential / recycling collection, side-load and/or rear-load truck, ancillary equipment and hydraulic system to collect solid waste and/or recyclables on specified collection route.
• Load solid waste, yard waste and/or recyclables into the rear or side of waste collection vehicle.
• Operate equipment on truck to compact trash into vehicle.
• Operate truck and equipment using prescribed techniques to eliminate driver-induced mechanical failures.
• Complete pre-trip and post-trip safety lane inspections and reports, daily truck report, route sheets and other documentation requested by supervisor daily.
• Communicate vehicle mechanical problems to mechanic and supervisor immediately.
• Maintain route quality standards as predetermined by management.
• Follow all safety standards and equipment checks and precautions in performance of all duties. Comply with all federal, state, local and company rules on safety and vehicle operation.
• Maintain clean vehicle by cleaning cab interior and exterior of vehicle.
• Identify, and tag prohibited waste items and remove the items from the waste cart or can.
• Manage assigned Helper(s) if applicable.
Education, Training, Experience and Licensing/Certification Requirements:
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) desired.
• Possess valid Class A or B Commercial Driver’s License (CDL).
• One (1) year of satisfactory driving experience of Class A or B vehicles preferred.
• Satisfactory driving record.
• Must pass a DOT physical, drug screen and criminal background check.
• Must pass Waste Industries written and road test evaluation.
Waste Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We will make reasonable accommodations to enable employees to perform their jobs.