Posted in Other 4 days ago.
Type: Full Time
POSITION PURPOSE: LEAD ORGANIZATIONAL CHANGE - DRIVE RESULTS THROUGH INFLUENCE -TEACH CI METHODOLOGIES
As a member of the York leadership team, the Continuous Improvement Manager will partner with senior leaders to identify areas of improvement, drive cost-savings, employee performance, and execute strategic projects / initiatives aligned to the organization's priorities. This role will work with the Director, Operations in developing a culture of process innovation connecting our business using data, analytics and process excellence.
FINANCIAL: Work with Director, Operations to establish and meet project budgets while minimizing expenses.
CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT: Collaborate with Leaders to execute GEMBA walk process daily for improvements.
Proactively identify and facilitate opportunities to optimize work processes, including process flow, substrate selection, equipment efficiencies, and equipment modification.
Teach problem solving techniques/skills to all employees to promote continuous learning and development of a CI culture.
Lead meetings, events, and projects from inception to completion which drive results.
Track & communicate CI projects and provide supporting data analytics as required.
Lead targeted CI events, such as A3's, Kaizens, etc. to improve business processes and deliver measurable business impact. Understand how to prioritize and present projects and investments in a manner consistent with business priorities.
SAFETY: Assure the safety, protection and efficient use of financial, physical and human assets.
LEADERSHIP: Partner with senior leaders to create a culture of relentless pursuit of continuous improvement.
Provide leadership and facilitation of process improvement and data driven methodologies (Lean, Six Sigma, 6S, Change Management).
Help drive communication, including project updates, coordination of activities and other initiatives.
QUALITY: Support the Quality Management system. Help to reduce Quality defects/errors by systematically improving processes. Understand the links between CI and Quality Management
PRODUCTION GOALS AND OBJECTIVES: Support production and maintenance metrics by providing ways to simplify processes and optimize results. Understand how to value ideas and projects to prioritize financial returns.
KNOWLEDGE: Maintain and improve personal product knowledge and skills. Obtain Market Intelligence for sharing within Multi-Color. Stay abreast of new technologies, products and processes pertaining to the industry.
VALUES: Model the Corporate Values
* B.S. Degree preferred.
* 5-10 years relevant industry experience with proven technical ability.
* Passion for process excellence, simplification and improvement.
* Reasoning Ability - Rational, logical, fact-driven decision making. Ability to manage multiple tasks. Read and analyze production and productivity documents - data savvy.
* Communication Skills - Ability to relate to people at all levels within and outside the organization. Articulate, clear, persuasive and passionate in written and oral communications.
* Ability to travel to customer and supplier sites.
* Present a professional demeanor at all times.
* Physically able to travel and move about in office and within plant(s).
* Ability to proficiently perform H.S. level mathematical calculations; some college level math (statistics) required.
* Literate in MS Office or equivalent. Excellent advanced, demonstrable Excel skills required. Ability to competently use Visio or other CI tools/software. The ability to understand and utilize database programs.