Posted in Other 8 days ago.
Type: Full Time
This is a PRN RN- Hospice position. LHC Group is the preferred post-acute care partner for hospitals, physicians and families nationwide. From home health and
hospice care to long-term acute care and community-based services, we deliver high-quality, cost-effective care that empowers
patients to manage their health at home.
* Makes the initial nursing evaluation in determining eligibility for hospice services during visit within forty-eight (48) hours of referral.
* Identifies the patient's/family's physical, psychosocial and environmental needs and re-assesses as needed, no less than every fifteen (15) days.
* Initiates and coordinates the plan of care. Documents problems, appropriate goals, interventions and patient/family response to hospice care. Collaborates with the patient/family, attending physician and other members of the IDG in providing patient and family care on a daily basis.
* Instructs and supervises the patient/family in self-care techniques when appropriate.
* Maintains accurate and relevant clinical notes regarding the patient's condition. Reports patient condition and any identified needs/issues to Administrator on a daily basis.
* Supervises and evaluates the home health aides/homemaker's ability to perform assigned duties every 14 days. Performs supervisory aide visits to the patient's residence every 14 days to assess whether goals are being met.
* Performs supervisory visits with the aide present per state regulations.
* Participates in LHC Connect and completes all required hospice assigned modules on-line on a monthly basis.
* Participates in daily nursing report on patients to Administrator and provides all necessary documentation.
* Performs 60 or 90 day record review (recertification's) as appropriate. Follows processes and regulations for admissions and recertification of hospice patients and reviews findings with Administrator.
* Participates in Interdisciplinary Group Meeting (IDG) regarding patient care every 14 days.
* Participates in the QAPI plan and process on a daily basis indentifying any problems to Administrator.
* Compliance with procedures and processes of ordering/obtaining medications ordered by the physician and included in the patients Plan of care from Hospice Pharmacia. Assures compliance when possible of medication regime within the specified formulary.
* Maintains up-to-date personnel file.
* Performs LPN Supervisory visits as assigned by Administrator and in accordance with state regulations.
* May fill-in as Alternate if Administrator is unavailable.
* Functions as a preceptor to new hires.
* Participates in on-call rotation.
* Adheres to and participates in the Care Management process.
* Any other duties as assigned.
* One year of clinical experience.
* LA: a minimum two years full time experience working as an RN. However, two years of full time clinical experience in hospice care as a licensed practical nurse may be substituted for the required two years of experience as a registered nurse.
* Current RN licensure in the state of practice
* Current CPR Certification
* Current driver's license, valid vehicle insurance, and access to a dependable vehicle, or public transportation.
Our company was founded over 20 years ago on the principle that it s all about helping people, and we live by those words today. It s our mission to provide exceptional care and unparalleled service to patients and families who have placed their trust in us. We grow to fulfill this mission. When you become part of the LHC Group family, you re choosing a career path that will challenge you to grow both personally and professionally.
Every day, all across the country, our LHC Group family is helping people. There are 10,000 of us, standing shoulder to shoulder, helping the patients in our care live, fuller, healthier lives. We do this because helping people is, quite simply, the reason we exist. It s our purpose.