Posted in Other 8 days ago.
Type: Full Time
AFFILIATED ENGINEERS, INC. (AEI) is a collaborative community of about 750 resourceful, creative professionals who plan, design, and deliver high-performance systems for organizations that improve lives and contribute to a sustainable future in Healthcare, Science & Technology (S&T), Mission Critical, Energy & Utilities (E&U), Commissioning and more.
We have a great opportunity for you to join AEI in an ELECTRICAL PROJECT ENGINEER- ENERGY & UTILITIES role in our MADISON office.
HERE IS WHAT WE HAVE IN STORE FOR YOU:
In this role, you will be responsible for engineering design processes on assigned projects within a particular discipline. You will develop innovative and unique engineering solutions to align with project, client and project partner s needs, and leads the discipline team in implementing the solutions. * Leads and is responsible for the overall engineering design process within a specific discipline for projects.
* Works collaboratively with the client and project partners.
* Leads and is responsible for the overall production and quality of project deliverables required within a specific discipline.
* Actively shares and presents lessons learned and suggests continuous improvement initiatives within the discipline.
* Identifies and participates in the resolution of interpersonal or project related internal issues that arise.
* Understands business and interpersonal dynamics of working with co-workers, clients and project partners.
* Effectively adapts to changing needs and priorities. Raises day-to-day and long-term staffing, budget, and quality issues.
* Delegates and balances work for Engineers and Designers in order to meet client demands and project deadlines. Provides appropriate level of oversight and reviews work to ensure established engineering principles are consistently used.
* Engages in employee mentoring through project work.
* Uses effective written communication skills to prepare meeting notes, create and edit design specifications, respond to Requests for Information (RFIs) and author studies and reports.
* Travels to job sites to perform field verification and field surveys.
* Advances the discipline practices, processes and tools.
* Other similar and/or related duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO SUCCEED: * Bachelor s degree in Electrical Engineering and 10+ years of experience.
* Fundamental knowledge of building systems across Electrical, Mechanical, Piping and Building Automation disciplines.
* Advanced knowledge of power distribution systems including specification of medium voltage (15kV 69kV+) equipment, power systems fault and coordination studies, power system protection schemes and protective relays.
* Understanding of applicable design codes, design standards and specification requirements, and ability to interpret them.
* Proficient in computer operation for engineering calculation/selection software such as SKM or ETAP.
* Ability to work well in a team environment, including carrying out appropriate follow-through with others, mentoring, delegating work, and giving and receiving constructive feedback. Communicates well with clients, project partners, and with individuals at all levels in the organization.
* Professional Engineering license (PE) in one or more states with capability for reciprocity in other states.
WHAT SETS YOU APART: * Strong spoken and written communications skills.
* Excellent organization and time management skills.
* Quick technical comprehension and motivation focused on client outcomes.
* Ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
* Effective working individually and within team environments.
WHAT AEI BRINGS: * AEI passionately invests in our employees by providing a collaborative, innovative work environment and the opportunity for personal and professional growth working among the brightest minds in the industry
* An appreciation for its employees and a culture that reflects that. We promote a flexible work environment, a focus on our communities and the world around us all while providing you with the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects.
* An exceptional benefit package as well as a year-end bonus based on company profits, individual responsibility, and performance.
We provide the tools and a support system to ensure a thriving career. If this environment and opportunity to work on world-changing projects aligns with your goals, we would love to meet you.