The Support Service Specialist assists the IT/Electrical Manager and the activities of the IT department in the areas of internal customer support and troubleshooting.
This position reports directly to the IT/Electrical Manager.
JOB TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides technical support for plant process computer systems (including after hours).
- Day to day troubleshooting and assistance to end users.
- Provide technical support in a timely and quality oriented manner.
- Maintain and repair computer systems, hardware, software and network connectivity of desktop/laptops and servers, wireless devices and printers.
- Will also change out computer systems.
- Install licensing software.
- Will work with online form development.
- Scanning engineering prints and documents to local drives
- Job duties encompass both office environment and plant environment
- Must adhere to company policies and practices including safety, ethics, and business confidentiality.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Associate Degree in Computer Science or related field required or working towards such degree.
- Minimum of 2 years computer support experience required in areas of troubleshooting, computer systems support, and network connectivity.
- Must have a working knowledge of Windows Operating Systems and MS Office.
- Excellent communication skills \u2013 written and verbal
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills required.
- Able to organize and plan effectively
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work both independently and in a team setting
- Outstanding customer service skills.