Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
Warehouse Associate - Equipment Operator
We realize that our greatest assets are our best-in-class associates, which is why we're dedicated to offering limitless opportunities for growth and advancement. We want to help you build a long-lasting career with Ferguson. Together, we can continue to lead the industry and help build our nation's infrastructure from the ground up. Join our team today.
Ferguson is currently seeking the right individual to fill an immediate need for a Warehouse Associate - Equipment Operator.
- Receive supplier shipments
- Pick customer orders
- Ship, transport and deliver material and customer orders
- Operate forklifts or other equipment
- Maintain inventory integrity and product safety at all times.
- Perform all job duties in accordance with OSHA standards and adhere to all policies, rules, regulations and procedures
- Complete training course and pass Powered Industrial Truck Certification (PIT) requirements
A background in Warehouse operations and logistics, including shipping, receiving, delivery, and inventory is preferred.
The ideal Equipment Operator will possess the following:
- Willingness to be trained, tested and Powered Industrial Truck (PIT) Certified to operate forklift equipment (training completed in-house and paid for by Ferguson)
- Experience with forklift equipment preferred (including but not limited to: stand-up order picker, reach truck, electric pallet jack, dock stocker, sit down counterbalanced forklift)
- Working knowledge of safety regulations and procedures
- Prior experience with production/goal oriented standards
- General computer and math skills
- Warehouse equipment experience required (forklift or heavy equipment)
- Ability to lift 20-70lbs consistently and 100lbs occasionally
- Experience with working at heights up to 40 ft preferred
Ferguson is dedicated to providing meaningful benefits programs and products to our associates and their families-geared toward benefits, wellness, financial protection and retirement savings. Ferguson offers a competitive benefits package which includes: medical, dental, vision, retirement savings with company match, paid leave (vacation, sick, personal and holiday), employee assistance programs, associate discounts, community involvement opportunities and much more!
The Company is an equal opportunity employer as well as a government contractor that shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a), which prohibits discrimination against qualified protected Veterans and the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(A), which prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability.