Posted in Transportation 3 days ago.
The Logistics Specialist’s primary responsibility is to load, unload, check and tally tires to and from carriers (trailer trucks). This position selects, packs, counts, marks, and palletizes tires of customer orders and places in the assigned staging areas according to bin locator system. The Logistics Specialist will operate TireHub vehicles to distribute tires as needed.
The Logistics Specialist checks and verifies the accuracy of selecting, packing, weighing, marking, and counting of tires for customer orders. This position ensures TireHub’s safety guidelines are met by the proper palletizing, re-palletizing, and re-stacking of tires.
The individual must exhibit the following core TireHub commitments:
· Approachable - If a company could smile, we would. Instead we rely on our people to show it. We care about each other and our customers because we know business only gets done right when people respect each other and value relationships.
· Adventurous - What TireHub is set up to do is intentionally outrageous. So, we readily embrace challenges with the courage to introduce new ideas and the ambition to build something unique.
· Relentless - We tackle our work with energy. We deliver on our commitments with enthusiasm. And we don't give up until we get to the end.
· Speedy - Speed is the currency in the tire industry. When we commit to a job, we get the job done – and we do it fast.
· This position has a general work breakdown of General Warehousing (40-50%), Deliver services (40-50%), Vehicle Maintenance (5%); however, this mix will change based on the needs of the business
· This position loads, unloads, checks and tallies tires to and from carriers (trailer trucks).
· This position selects, packs, counts, marks, palletizes tires of customer orders and places in the assigned staging areas according to bin locator system
· This position checks and verifies accuracy of selecting, packing, weighing, marking, and counting of tires for customer orders
· This position operates order pickers, pallet jacks, and other equipment in the execution of duties and ensures safety guidelines are met in operating the equipment
· This position performs required counting, tallying and marking on related inventory control documents
· This position participates in cycle and/or annual physical inventories
· This position ensures safety guidelines are met by the proper palletizing, re-palletizing, and restacking of tires
· This position maintains compliance with all TireHub procedures and policies,
· This position makes collections from customers for merchandise delivered on a Cash on Delivery basis
· This position makes list of prospective customers along the designated route to supply the Store Manager with sales follow up information
· This position ensures good mechanical operation of vehicle
· This position performs pre-trip vehicle inspections at the beginning of each workday and immediately report operating problems or mechanical defects to the Warehouse Manager or designee
· This position completes all driver and vehicle maintenance logs
· This position performs additional responsibilities as required
· Optimizes Work Processes: Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement
· Manages Ambiguity: Operating effectively, even when things are not certain, or the way forward is not clear
· Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances
· Collaborates: Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
· Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals
· Required to have a valid driver’s license
· Must be 21 years old
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Must be able to lift and/or move tires with or without mechanical assistance
· Frequent bending, twisting and lifting
· Proper placement of received products in warehouse
· Proper placement of shipping products in warehouse
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
See job description