Posted in Management 10 days ago.
We are North America's leading security services provider with over 200,000 phenomenal employees. At Allied Universal, we pride ourselves on fostering a promote from within culture. There are countless examples of individuals who began their career as Security Professionals and today hold positions on our senior leadership team. In fact, over 65% of our managerial positions are filled by internal candidates.
For all full-time positions, we offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more! We also offer part-time and flexible schedules!
Start your phenomenal career with Allied Universal today!
Allied Universal is currently hiring a Field Supervisor (FS) to support operations for remotely managed accounts by performing on-site supervision of Security Professionals ( SPs ) and ensuring site coverage at all times. FSs work closely with Operations Managers on a day-to-day basis to supervise remote service delivery.
The position performs security duties as assigned and carries out such duties under general direction from the vendor's leadership team. The position performs objective based assignments and is given reasonable latitude in determining techniques to accomplish these objectives. Assignments are occasionally self-initiated. Work is reviewed for soundness of technical judgment and overall adequacy. The position includes direct reports.
The position provides first line leadership of vendor personnel assigned to field operations within the Physical Security group. The position works with the Genentech group manager to identify, measure, track and improve upon key performance indicators; promptly addressing issues as they are identified.
The position supports emergency response services with the mission of protecting personnel, meeting regulatory requirements and speeding the recovery of business operations due to fire, medical, hazardous material and other safety related emergencies including large scale disasters.
• Supervises the activities of and provides direct leadership to direct reports.
• Monitors performance of direct reports and makes periodic inspections to insure they are properly equipped, trained, and fulfilling their duties in compliance with the organization's policies.
• Writes and updates post orders for positions staffed by direct reports.
• Maintains familiarity with the key responsibilities of direct reports and backfills their positions as necessary.
• Responds to calls for fires, emergency medical services, hazardous materials spills, confined space rescues and general rescue operations on the Genentech campus.
• Maintains proficiency with all equipment necessitated by the position; ensures readiness of such equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions, and notifying Genentech Host of needed repairs
• Protects the organization's personnel, physical assets, and intellectual properties through the enforcement of defined policies, procedures, regulations and/or laws.
• Takes initiative in identifying and reporting security-related issues; acts upon issues for which there is a clearly defined response procedure; seeks instruction from leadership for all other issues.
• Responds to, performs and follows-up on security service requests; emphasizing excellent customer service at all times.
• Helps maintain a safe and secure working environment by observing and reporting unsafe conditions or activities.
• Writes comprehensive reports detailing observations and activities while on duty
• As directed, conducts interviews with witnesses or victims, prepares incident reports, and may be called upon to testify in various settings to relate details of reports.
• Ensures operational readiness of, and maintains accountability for assigned equipment; follows proper issuance procedures of such equipment.
• Performs other security and security-related duties as dictated by the work environment or as assigned; these may include (but are not limited to):
• vehicle, bike or walking security patrols
• alarm monitoring
• surveillance video monitoring
• badge and ID verification
• crowd control
• data entry and system maintenance
• visitor sign-in, control, and escorts
• supervision of parking areas and vehicle control
• bag, package, and vehicle inspection
• safety, security and equipment inspections
• Demonstrates ability to follow directions, prioritize assignments, complete tasks as assigned and use sound judgment in the carrying out of duties.
• Demonstrates solid interpersonal skills and professional judgment
• Demonstrates the ability to maintain demeanor and react calmly in stressful situations.
• Possesses and maintains a professional attitude, appearance, and ability to represent the organization in a positive manner at all times.
• Capable of successfully interacting with company employees, clients, vendors, and outside agencies (as may be necessary for the completion of assigned duties).
• Capable of maintaining a state of alertness for threats to themselves, others and property under protection.
• Capable of evaluating a range of situations with minimal supervision to arrive at a proper solution
• Possesses a general knowledge of security systems and equipment
• Possesses basic computer skills necessary for the input of data, writing of security reports, or other computer-related knowledge required by the specific duties of the position.
Qualifications & Skills
• All pre-assignment qualifications outlined in the vendor's Statement of Work.
• Successful completion of a Transportation Security Administration (TSA) Security Threat Assessment Tool (STAT) background check prior to starting the position
• Successful completion of an enhanced background check, as outlined in 10 CFR Part 37.25 prior to starting the position
• Successful completion of Hazardous Waste Operations & Emergency Response (HAZWOPER) training, as required in 29 CFR 1910.120, prior to starting the position.
• Successful completion of First Responder Operations (FRO) training, as required in Title 8 CCR §5192, prior to starting the position
• Successful completion of Incident Command System training, as required in Title 8 CCR §5192, prior to starting the position
• Minimum of 5 years experience appropriate for the knowledge and skill demanded by the position (e.g. law enforcement, emergency response, military or private security)
• Possess a high school diploma, GED or equivalent
• Valid Class-C driver's license
• Must type a minimum of 30 words per minute
• Must satisfactorily meet physical requirements necessitated by the duties of the position
• Corrected or uncorrected vision greater than 20/40 in either eye and the ability to see color
• Sufficient ability to hear and speak
• Sufficient body motor control for occasional climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting and grasping
• Sufficient ability to frequently lift and/or move equipment used by the position, either as individual pieces or simultaneously:
• Medical Equipment Bag - 40 pounds (approx.)
• Self Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA) - 30 pounds (approx.)
• Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) - 40 pounds (approx.)
• Successful completion of annual medical surveillance screening, as outlined in 29 CFR Part 1910.120 and 29 CFR 1926.65
• Nothing in the job description restricts Genentech's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.
• This position may be assigned additional post-assignment training and/or certification requirements, which are to be completed within specified time-frames.
Allied Universal is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce. Allied Universal will provide qualified individuals with reasonable accommodations pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or any other applicable state or local laws. We are committed to hiring veterans and reservists. Since 2013, we have hired over 25,000 heroes.