Posted in Transportation 2 days ago.
Ashby Lumber has proudly served the entire Bay Area for 50 years. We supply contractors and homeowners with everything needed for residential and commercial remodeling, rebuilding, and renovation such as lumber, tools and hardware, doors, windows, paint, faucets, sinks, and toilets. We are currently hiring a Yard - Customer Service Person for our Berkeley location. Interested in becoming a part of our team? Apply today!
The first priority of this position is to assist customers with orders and loading of customer’s vehicles. This position demands individual alertness and safety practice. The ability to safely operate heavy machinery and power vehicles such as forklifts is essential. This position involves standing and walking for extended periods of time. Must be able to work in and outdoor environment through-out the year with various weather changes. Stocking of lumber products of various weights and sizes is also required for this position. Professional attitude and presentable appearance reflects back on our entire operation. Must be able to work with, and be respectful as a group or team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assisting Customers with orders
• Use of 2 way radio to communicate to co-workers
• Direct customer traffic to appropriate area(s)
• Filling customer orders in a timely manner
• Solving customer issues, problems and concerns to the best of your ability
• Reading and understanding Invoice and Order tags
• Covering yard shed during co-workers’ breaks
• Stocking all Lumber product to appropriate area/ rack
• Stocking all other products to appropriate area/ rack
• Clear the Isles and Bays of all wrapping material and packing bands
• Safely operate Forklifts in Yard for loading, stocking and building orders
• Safely operate Machinery such as Arm Saw, Table Saw etc.
• Proper use of 2 way radio to communicate in the Yard
• Safely use tools such as box cutters, tin snips and tape measure
• Use of hard hat, gloves, goggles when appropriate
FORMS, SIGNS, AND REMINDERS
• Able to read and understand Customer Orders
• Use of return slips for customer returns
• Use of Order Stickers to label orders and special orders including returns
• Use of Cut sheet(s) and other forms such as farmload pull sheet(s) when appropriate
• Other tasks as assigned by your supervisor or management
• Maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors and the general public
• Perform duties in an efficient, professional and courteous manner.
• Maintain regular consistent and professional attendance, punctuality, personal appearance, and adherence to relevant health & safety procedures.
• Pursue personal development of skills and knowledge for increasing effective and efficient performance of the role
• Track and record projects/tasks requested by other employees
• Learn and practice of Yard Procedures
• Operate a variety of Heavy Machinery and Power Vehicles
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Possess exceptional interpersonal communication skills
• Possession of strong organizational skills.
• Ability to work independently on assigned tasks and accept direction on given assignments
• Able to work collectively with the other Yard employees
• Possession of a high school diploma or equivalent (GED)
• 6 months to 1 year of relevant experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Sit/stand for 8 hours per day
• Use hands to load unload material
• Vision abilities required by this job include close and distant vision
• The noise level in the work environment is usually loud to moderate
• Occasional exposure to moving mechanical parts and vehicles
• Must be able to lift/carry 60lbs. occasionally; must be able to push/pull 60+ lbs.
• Occasionally must reach with arms and hands, climb or balance
• All mobility motions are required occasionally for indoor and outdoor environments (standing, walking, sitting, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, squatting, and climbing)
• Range of motion and physical activity occurring randomly
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed. You will be expected to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested by your Supervisor, the General Managers, or Owners.