Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
The PET CT technologist operates diagnostic imaging equipment to produce images that assist physicians in the treatment and diagnosis of our patients.
* The technologist demonstrates the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform imaging procedures that meet the quality expectations of the patient, referring physician, and radiologist.
* Following orders of the referring physician and protocols specified by Radiologist.
* Administers medications such as contrast media, FDG, radiopharmaceuticals as prescribed by the physician order.
* Viewing images to ensure the quality of pictures; transferring images to the customer for interpretation and verifying the images and patient information arrived correctly.
* Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served.
* Identifying and categorizing each patient s age-specific grouping of needs, such as those for infant, pediatric, adolescent, adult, or geriatric patients.
* Documenting preventative maintenance, performing safety assessments, preparing the unit for transportation, and maintaining the overall cleanliness of the unit.
* Complies with safety and quality procedures and initiatives by strictly following safety policies, rules, and safe work methods, making suggestions to support continuous improvements in safety, promptly correcting or reporting safety hazards or unsafe conditions.
* Establish and maintain effective relationships with customers and patients and gain their trust and respect.
* Maintain patient confidentiality in all areas.
* Ability to react in an emergency and determine the best course of action or care for the patient.
* Able to work independently and under pressure.
Education and Experience:
* Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Must have an active NMTCB or AART(N) license, and, if applicable, a state license in good standing.
* American Heart Association Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) and CPR courses.
* Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
* The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
* This position may be required to travel up to 100% of the time. Reliable transportation is required.
ABOUT DIGIRAD CORPORATION:
Digirad makes healthcare convenient.We are the nationwide leader in delivering diagnostic expertise on an as needed, when needed, where needed basis. Originally founded with a spirit of innovation in solid-state nuclear detector technology, we continue to innovate and adapt to the modern healthcare landscape. Today, we thrive as a pioneer with expertise across the healthcare spectrum that includes mobile diagnostic imaging, solid-state nuclear imaging and more.Recognized by Insights Success Magazine as one of the Top-10 Fastest Growing Healthcare Solution Provider Companies, Digirad makes healthcare convenient through our unique model of on-demand, direct to point-of-service healthcare to thousands of providers across the country.At the core of Digirad is our nationwide team of highly skilled professionals whose sole mission is to seamlessly provide a portfolio of diagnostic healthcare services. From a large hospital system to a single office practitioner, our scalable offerings assist providers in reducing their costs while at the same time improving efficiencies and the level of patient care.In today s value-driven healthcare environment, the Digirad approach helps providers adapt and thrive within a changing market. As your partner, we deliver the needed resources; be it staff, imaging equipment, or diagnostic logistics, directly to you at the point of patient care.Digirad. Making healthcare convenient.