Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
# of Openings
Job Families (Portal Searching)
The REACH Flight Nurse provides customer oriented high quality patient care, in a safe and efficient manner. In every situation the Flight Nurse does what is right for the patient based on a thorough assessment and implantation of protocols, SOP s and appropriate care.
* Delivers safe and efficient, customer oriented, high-quality nursing care to each patient throughout the transport process.
* Utilizes REACH clinical protocols to provide high quality patient care.
* Performs nursing expanded scope practice policies and procedures to deliver high quality patient care in the transport environment.
* Demonstrates cognitive and motor skills necessary to perform nurse scope practice policies and procedures.
* Monitors, records, and reports to receiving staff, patient condition and response to interventions.
* Properly utilizes aircraft radios and navigation tools to assist in the safe and efficient transport of the patient.
* Represents REACH in public relation and safety in-services to improve awareness and safety.
* Other duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at any time at the discretion of management, either orally or in writing.
* Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
* Current unrestricted RN license in State of practice.
* Minimum of three (3) years of emergency/critical care experience ( 1 year of adult ICU preferred).
* PICU, NICU and CCT experience desirable.
* Current Certifications (Pre-Hire)
* Current AHA or ASHI Basic Life Support (BLS)
* Current AHA or ASHI Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
* Current AHA or ASHI Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) or
* ACEP Advanced Pediatric Life Support (APLS) or
* ENPC Emergency Nursing Pediatric Course
* AAP Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP)
* Approved Trauma Certification within six (6) months of hire per Company policy
* National certification desirable upon application but required within one (1) year of hire per Company policy
* Excellent customer service skills.
* Ability to communicate professionally, effectively and persuasively (oral, written, presentation)
* Ability to maintain composure under pressure, work efficiently and accurately with frequent interruptions, and set and reset multiple priorities.
* Presents a professional image as a REACH flight team member.
* Maintains a positive team attitude and cohesive working relationship with nurses, paramedics, pilots, aircraft maintenance technicians, communication specialists and all other supporting departments.
* Maintains proficiency and exercises best practices regarding relevant aviation SOPs, protocols and policies.
* Stays current on local EMS Agency and/or county protocols and requirements.
* Maintains currency in all required trainings and certifications.
NOTE: Please refer to SOP s for part-time Job Requirements.
* Requires activities requiring a moderate amount of standing, sitting, and walking.
* Able to conduct activities requiring a moderate to rigorous amount of static pushing, pulling, reaching and lifting (knuckle height and ankle height).
* Capable of lifting 75lbs. floor to bench height.
* Capable of safe and expedient ingress/egress to and from aircraft in undeveloped landing zones or unrefined, uneven ground.
* Ability to hear routine aircraft and medical equipment noises.
* Maintains a duty weight (body weight + uniform/equipment helmet not included) of less than 230lbs (weigh-ins every quarter) for Rotor Wing (Helicopter) operations.
* Maintains a duty weight (body weight + uniform/equipment helmet not included) of less than 250lbs (weigh-ins required every other month) for Fixed Wing operations.
* Must be able to wear a commercially available respirator mask with proper fit, when required.
* Requires close and distant visual capability.
* Periodic hands to key ability (typing).
* Ability to work within a 24-hour job environment.
The Flight Nurses duties are performed in either indoor or outdoor environments. The Flight Nurse may be exposed to routine office noises, moderate electrical or mechanical hazards and frequent exposure to an aircraft hanger environment where the Flight Nurse may be exposed to loud aircraft noise, fumes, gases, odors, dust particles and mechanical/electrical and chemical hazards. The Flight Nurse must be present at work site to complete the job.
* Nomex full body flight suit
* Leather or Nomex boots
* Aviation Helmet
* PPE latex gloves, goggles, and HEPA mask
* Hearing protection (plugs, band or head set)
Work Place Conditions
The Flight Nurse is physically based at an airport crew quarters for 24 hour shifts and must be prepared at a moment s notice (within 4 minutes) to begin air ambulance missions that last from hour to 4 hours in duration. The crew quarters are equipped with kitchen, shower, rest and sleeping facilities.
The current standard shift at REACH for flight crewmembers is seven (7) rotating 24-hour shifts per every four (4) week period. Sometimes a flight shift may extend past 24 hours. Must be available for one (1) on-call shift in a four (4) week period.
Please refer to SOP s for part-time Work Schedule.
REACH offers competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability, life insurance, as well as a 401(k) plan. We also offer a flexible paid-time-off program and voluntary supplemental life insurance packages.
The REACH Medical Holdings Family of Companies is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military/veteran status, or other non-merit factors. We welcome and encourage applications from minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities (including disabled veterans).