Posted in Health Care 30+ days ago.
Join the #1 hospital in Wisconsin!
We are seeking an ECG Technician to:
· Perform electrocardiographic (ECG) tests, including application of various arrhythmia monitors and electrocardiographic stress testing.
· Educate patients on testing procedures.
· Properly position patients, electrode application, and judge the quality of ECG tracings.
· Facilitate stress testing under the supervision of cardiologist, APP, or clinical exercise physiologist.
Minimum - High School degree or equivalent.
Preferred - Associate or technical degree from an accredited college in a health-related field, e.g. EKG Technician, EMT.
Preferred - Six months to one year of patient care experience.
Licenses and Certifications:
Minimum - CPR certification
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
· Knowledge of the psychosocial needs of patients and families.
· Ability to document and communicate accurate patient observations, care and outcomes of care.
· Ability to communicate effectively with patients, families and team members.
· Knowledge of effective customer relations and ability to provide positive, supportive interactions with patients and staff.
· Maintain patient confidentiality. Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to assist, push, pull, and lift patients.
· Ability to work with patients of all age groups.
Medium : Ability to lift up to 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
60% FTE, 24 hours per week. Scheduled shifts will vary between the following shifts: 11:00 am - 11:00 pm, 11:00 am - 7:00 pm, 3:00 pm - 11:00 pm and 3:00 pm - 3:00 am. Hours may vary based on the operational needs of the department.
UW Health values and embraces diversity and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.