Posted in Retail 30+ days ago.
Since 2001, Mavagi Enterprises, Inc. has been providing cleaning and ground maintenance services. Our company aims to provide opportunities to persons with disabilities in order to assist them overcome barriers that limit their potential. We know that our success in building relationships with our clients has been made possible through the talent and dedication of our employees. Our commitment is to serve our employees well so they in turn can serve our clients well. We provide competitive wages, embrace diversity, promote inclusion, and encourage personal and professional development. We are united by a culture that celebrates hiring persons with disabilities and treating them with respect and dignity.
Individuals with disabilities will receive hiring preference. If you are a person with a disability, you are highly encouraged to apply.
Under the direction of the Project Manager, Alternate Project Manager, or Crew Lead the Store Worker (Self Stocking) is responsible for stocking merchandise in a retail space. They receive and distribute merchandise throughout the store, displaying it in accordance with procedure, and take inventory of stock regularly. They’re also responsible for performing customer service duties.
• Move merchandise by use of non-motorized equipment that is intended for display and resale purposes.
• Stock at a minimum 40 cases per hour.
• Include the cleaning of merchandise on or in display fixtures utilizing various merchandise techniques common to retail trade.
• Merchandise may be displayed by a predetermined placement system using labels or other identifying marks.
• Maintain the display sales area by straightening merchandise to give a neat, full, and salable appearance.
• Remove damaged or outdated merchandise, and displaying merchandise in such a manner to maintain freshness and sale dates.
• May determine display or sale requirements from existing inventory.
• May be required to keep inventory forms of merchandise stocked and merchandise returned to storage.
• May be required to affix labels to merchandise indicating sale price, item description, or other information.
• Face/straighten aisles.
• May be required to offer customer or patron assistance with the location or selection of Merchandise.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Ability to determine the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
• The ability to bend, stretch, twist, or reach with your body, arms and/or legs.
• The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
• The ability to lift between 25-50 lbs.
• The ability to stand for extended periods of time.
• Ability to work in safe and efficient manner.
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive; it is intended to identify major responsibilities and requirements of the job. The incumbent may be requested to perform other job-related tasks and responsibilities than those stated above.
• Must be at least 18 years old.
• High School Diploma or G.E.D.
• 6 to 12 months relevant experience.
• Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable.
• Read, write, and speak English.