Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
DESCRIPTION SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Molecular Pathology Technologist
Path-Bacteriology Department/Clinical Specialists & Professionals
FT - Non-Exempt
***12 hr shifts, days during week, includes rotating weekends***
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career in our PATH-BACTERIOLOGY DEPARTMENT. Submit your application today!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, and employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Seeking a MOLECULAR PATHOLOGY TECHNOLOGIST who is responsible for performing all aspects of testing in a clinical molecular laboratory. The technologists evaluate and introduce new material, methods, and equipment to help determine the feasibility and/or adaptability for clinical molecular studies. They assist supervisors in the development of new technologies and participate in documenting and implementing Quality Assurance (QA)/ Quality Control (QC)/Quality Inventory (QI) procedures.
WHAT YOU WILL DO IN THIS ROLE:
1. Performs routine testing, quality control, calibration, maintenance and proficiency testing in accordance with current laboratory procedures.
2. Perform complex molecular-based procedures with a high degree of quality and in accordance with established protocols.
3. Oversees inventory and ordering of laboratory supplies
4. Performs Molecular biology techniques such as nucleic acid sample preparation, PCR, RT-PCR, gel electrophoresis, DNA sequencing, allele specific PCR, Real time PCR, melting curve analysis, SNP detection.
5. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical reports. Ability to write accurate and concise clinical documents, memos, and required correspondence. Ability to collect and analyze data using statistical methods. Ability to communicate effectively at all levels within the laboratory and with laboratory clients.
QUALIFICATIONS MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING, REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, ABILITIES AND OTHER JOB-RELATED CHARACTERISTICS:
1. Education: BS in biological sciences or related field is required
2. Experience: Minimum - one year of clinical laboratory experience in a laboratory performing high complexity testing or advanced training in a Molecular Biology program.
3. Employee completes initial and ongoing training and competencies as defined by service line, facility and department/unit which are specific to the needs of the patient population served (if applicable).
4. Preferred: BS Degree in Medical Technology or Molecular Biology plus 2+ years experience working in a clinical molecular laboratory.
MINIMUM LICENSE, CERTIFICATES, OR REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
5. Required: One of the following: M,MP,MLS,CLS, MT (ASCP) certification, or other equivalent certification
6. Preferred: MP (ASCP) certification in Molecular Biology is preferred.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application today and help us raise the bar in patient care!
Methodist Hospital opened in 1963 as the first hospital in the now internationally acclaimed South Texas Medical Center. With over 800 beds, Methodist Hospital offers a broad range of specialties including cardiology, oncology, bone marrow transplants, emergency medicine, neurosciences, maternity care, gynecology and orthopedics. We are proud to be the largest provider of the lifesaving ECMO Program in San Antonio, are home to the largest robotics program in the world, and our Adult Blood Cancer and Stem Cell Transplant unit has become the first program to receive FACT Accreditation in North America.
As the flagship hospital, and most comprehensive medical care facility of Methodist Healthcare, we appreciate the support and recognition we receive from the community. We've recently been named the No.1 Best Regional Hospital by the U.S. News and World Report for 2019-20. We pride ourselves on providing the highest quality of care possible for our patients, which is proven by our consecutive Grade A Leapfrog Hospital Safety scores. In addition, Methodist Hospital not only received a Primary Stroke Center designation from The Joint Commission, but has also received a Comprehensive Stroke Center Certification from DNV GL Healthcare, designating the facility as offering the most advanced stroke treatment available in a given geographic area. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist Hospital under Locations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.