Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Part Time
DESCRIPTION SHIFT: PRN
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as a CARDIAC CATH LAB NURSE (RN).
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include:
* Medical, dental, vision
* Tuition reimbursement
* Employee stock purchase program
* Short and long term disability
* Life insurance
* Flex spending
* Paid Family Leave
* Employee discount program
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for dedicated professional like you to be a part of our Imaging team. Join us in our efforts to better our community!
Seeking a CARDIAC CATH LAB NURSE (RN) FOR A PRN POSITION for our Cardiac Cath Lab.
As a Registered Nurse in the CATH LAB, you are responsible for the direct and indirect total nursing care of your patient assignment. You will be providing services such as caring cardiac/peripheral procedural patients, post sheath removal, recognition of groin complications, EKG interpretation, abnormal lab value recognition and reporting of these results to the physician. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other. We are seeking a RN that has the same passion for patient care as we do.
WHAT YOU WILL DO IN THIS ROLE:
* You will provide care for adult patients between 18 to 64 years; and geriatric patients 65 years and older
* You will be the subject matter expert of all invasive procedures who prepares patients appropriately according to policy
* You will manage efficient flow of patients including screening, preparation for exam, providing general nursing care, and arranging or testing and admissions
* You will provide therapeutic services necessary for the care of the patient
* You will maintain and review patients' records including posting tests and examination results
WHAT QUALIFICATIONS YOU MAY NEED:
* Must be a graduate from an accredited school of Nursing: Associate's Degree in Nursing or higher is required
* Must be licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state which you practice and/or hold an active Compact/Multi-State RN license
* A current American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider is required
* A current American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Health Care Provider is preferred and required to be obtained within 6 months of hire/transfer date
* 1-2 years of previous experience preferred
* Previous emergency, pre-hospital or critical care preferred
DOCTORS HOSPITAL OF AUGUSTA is a 350+ bed HCA Healthcare facility located near the Georgia-South Carolina state border. Doctors Hospital is well known for its Joseph M. Still Burn Center, the largest burn center in the country, which sees more than 3,000 patients annually. In addition, the burn center was granted a special burn designation as part of the Georgia Trauma Care Network. This designation included a rigorous review program administered by the American Burn Association (ABA) and the American College of Surgeons (ACA). Doctors Hospital is certified as a Primary Stroke Center, as well as an accredited Chest Pain Center and is designated a Center of Excellence in Women's Health Surgery. At Doctors Hospital, we have a highly trained team to care for serious emergencies. As an ACS Verified Level II Trauma Center, our ER team is ready 24-hour a day to take care of critically ill or injured patients. Fully-staffed 24/7 with board-certified trauma surgeons and a team of experienced professionals, life-saving surgery is available within minutes of arrival. Patients are cared for in two dedicated trauma bays in our Emergency Department.
HCA HEALTHCARE, the parent company of Doctors Hospital of Augusta, has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere Institute since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.