Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Part Time
DESCRIPTION SHIFT: PRN
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as a RADIOLOGY THERAPIST.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include:
* Medical, dental, vision
* Tuition reimbursement
* Employee stock purchase program
* Short and long term disability
* Life insurance
* Flex spending
* Paid Family Leave
* Employee discount program
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for dedicated professional like you to be a part of our Imaging team. Join us in our efforts to better our community!
We are seeking a RADIOLOGY THERAPIST FOR A PRN position for our Imaging department. As an integral member of the multidisciplinary team that makes up the Imaging Department, the Radiation Therapist will have a significant impact on the improvement of human life. The primary job of the Radiation Therapist is to administer therapeutic radiation to patients while providing the highest quality of patient care possible.
WHAT YOU WILL DO IN THIS ROLE:
* You will explain procedure to patient; you will reinforce Radiation Oncologist's advice to patient regarding reactions to treatment and their care.
* You will prepare patient for radiological procedure by positioning patient, adjusting immobilization devices, moving equipment into a specified position and adjusting equipment controls to set exposure factors.
* You will operate diagnostic equipment, process images, and prepare room with the necessary equipment and supplies for the procedure.
* You will minimize radiation to patient and staff by practicing radiation safety.
* You will have responsibilities relating to ensuring a positive patient encounter including: maintaining accurate patient records, scheduling patients, overseeing patient transportation, ordering supplies and sustaining a clean, healthy work environment.
WHAT QUALIFICATIONS YOU WILL NEED:
* A graduate from an American Medical Association (AMA) approved school of Radiation Therapy Technology is required
* An American Registry of Radiologic Technologist in Radiation Therapy (ARRT-T) is required
* A State License may be required. (South Carolina: SCRQSA), (Florida: State of Florida Radiology Technologist.) (Georgia: no requirement.)
* A current American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider is required
* A minimum of 1-year experience as Radiology Technologist is highly preferred
DOCTORS HOSPITAL OF AUGUSTA is a 350+ bed HCA Healthcare facility located near the Georgia-South Carolina state border. Doctors Hospital is well known for its Joseph M. Still Burn Center, the largest burn center in the country, which sees more than 3,000 patients annually. In addition, the burn center was granted a special burn designation as part of the Georgia Trauma Care Network. This designation included a rigorous review program administered by the American Burn Association (ABA) and the American College of Surgeons (ACA). Doctors Hospital is certified as a Primary Stroke Center, as well as an accredited Chest Pain Center and is designated a Center of Excellence in Women's Health Surgery. At Doctors Hospital, we have a highly trained team to care for serious emergencies. As an ACS Verified Level II Trauma Center, our ER team is ready 24-hour a day to take care of critically ill or injured patients. Fully-staffed 24/7 with board-certified trauma surgeons and a team of experienced professionals, life-saving surgery is available within minutes of arrival. Patients are cared for in two dedicated trauma bays in our Emergency Department.
HCA HEALTHCARE, the parent company of Doctors Hospital of Augusta, has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere Institute since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.