Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Joining the Stanley Black & Decker team means joining one of the worldu0027s largest, fastest-growing, and most dynamic companies. Stanley Black & Deckeris a world-leading provider of tools and storage, commercial electronic security and engineered fastening systems, with unique growth platforms and a track record of sustained profitable growth.
We have been globally recognized as one of the most innovative, sustainable, and rewarding companies in the world. Stanley Black and Decker s 2016 Revenue was $11.3B and our Global Tools & Storage division is responsible for $7.0B of SBD annual revenue. Global Tools and Storage is currently seeking candidates for aReceiving Clerkbased inBrewster, NY.
* The Receiving Clerk will be responsible for receiving and verifying incoming product, including parts and other manufacturing supplies.
* This role carries a need for accuracy and integrity as an up-to-date inventory system is integral to plant operations.
* Operates hand held scan guns
* Perform job in a safe manner:
a) Escalate safety issues to your supervisor and/or EH&S coordinator.
b) Inspect equipment used as required per policy and do not use unsafe equipment.
c) Must adhere to all safety programs including use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
* Put away inventory, including consignment locations. Follow all standard operating procedures and data processing, performing error-free transactions. Participate in Continuous Improvement activities and pro-actively identify opportunities to improve processes in your area.
* Complete training for unloading a truck
* Perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned
* Some experience in receiving or a warehouse environment preferred
* Forklift Operation experience especially with stand up Raymond trucks
* Experience with systems (WMS preferred)
* Must demonstrate personal drive and willingness to accept responsibility
* Ability to work independently
* Continuous improvement minded
* Ability to learn quickly and adjust to a rapidly changing environment
* Results and deadline oriented
* Respect for people and ability to work and communicate with all levels in the organization
Accountability Makes and meets commitments. Accepts responsibility. Has a passion for excellence.
Integrity Operates in accordance with our business conduct policies. Is honest, fair and trustworthy in all activities and relationships. Strives to create a safe workplace and to protect the environment.
Respect Treats others with respect and candor. Actively supports a diverse work environment. Builds positive work relationships.
Speed Has a bias for action. Takes calculated risks based on quality data. Drives for standardization and simplification.
Stretch Sets aggressive goals and celebrates progress. Continually strives to be best in class. Has a passion to exceed customer expectations.
Vision Creates clear, simple, reality-based, customer-focused strategy and goals. Build trust and commitment through candid communication. Energizes and excites others.
Boundaryless Is open to ideas from anywhere. Participates openly and constructively without alienating others. Has a global perspective
Stanley Black & Decker is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from women, veterans, and minorities.