Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
MetroPlus Health Plan provides the highest quality healthcare services to residents of Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens and Staten Island through a comprehensive list of products, including, but not limited to, New York State Medicaid Managed Care, Medicare, Child Health Plus, Exchange, Partnership in Care, MetroPlus Gold, Essential Plan, etc. As a wholly-owned subsidiary of NYC Health + Hospitals, the largest public health system in the United States, MetroPlus network includes over 27,000 primary care providers, specialists and participating clinics. For more than 30 years, MetroPlus has been committed to building strong relationships with its members and providers to enable New Yorkers to live their healthiest life.
The Executive Assistant assists the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and the Chief of Staff & Strategic Partnerships (CSSP) by performing a variety of administrative support functions for Executive Administration.
* Payroll checks timesheets for Executive Administration and submits them to Payroll, maintains Department copies, distributes paychecks when applicable;
* Purchasing monitors supplies inventory and completes purchase orders for supplies and equipment as approved by the CEO. When ordered items arrive, checks to make sure the order was filled correctly, resolves any discrepancies, submits copy of PO for payment. Creates purchase requisitions for subscriptions and professional memberships and tracks through to payment. Researches and resolves vendor account issues. Maintains departmental records of all purchases and payments.
* Makes travel arrangements, prepares travel approval requests and reimbursement vouchers and submits signed forms to Finance for reimbursement or payment;
* Assists with budget planning and monitoring expenses relative to budget.
* Mail opens, date stamps and distributes incoming mail; handles outgoing mail, including arrangements for express mail and hand deliveries;
* Assists with meetings and special programs. For example, schedules meetings on Microsoft Outlook, purchases and coordinates serving of refreshments; arranges for room and A/V equipment set-ups and follows up to ensure that everything is in place prior to the event; duplicates materials;
* Creates documents, charts, graphs, overheads and other presentation materials as needed;
* Coordinates duplication/assembly/distribution of documents;
* Reporting Track and collect reports and other deliverables requested by CEO and CSSP. Ensure timeliness, accuracy and completeness;
* Assist with document preparation and maintenance for URAC accreditation, Article 44 and other regulatory surveys;
* Prepare spreadsheets and analysis as requested;
* Assist in monitoring temporary staff utilization, and compliance with planned termination dates;
* Track budgeted Executive level positions and prepare VCB submissions for requested positions;
* Maintain Org charts for Division within the company;
* Develop and maintain community resources guide for department;
* Track and maintain performance evaluation compliance and annual education compliance for all staff;
* Answers & screens incoming phone calls
* Manages the CEO & CSSP calendars on a daily basis, including other Executive staff as needed in the absence of an executive assistant;
* Keeps CEO and CSSP informed of pending matters and appointments
* Prepares agendas and meeting minutes as needed;
* Scans and electronically organizes documents for easier reference when needed;
* Completes various tasks as assigned. Tasks may range from filing to project tracking to conducting special projects.
* Bachelor s degree from an accredited institution is required;
* At least five (5) years of related work experience supporting executive level staff.
* At least two (2) years of related health plan or healthcare related experience.
* Proficiency in use of PC-based applications for production of documents and A/V presentations;
* Intermediate to advanced proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Skype, Outlook, Visio).
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Ability to maintain professional conduct when interacting with a wide range of personalities both internally and externally;
* Ability to work under supervision: understands and follows directions easily and well; structures and sequences tasks to meet objectives, priorities and timetables set by CEO; seeks guidance appropriately as needed to reconcile conflicts and solve problems requiring management intervention; keeps CEO appropriately informed of project status and issues.
* Ability to work independently, efficiently and cooperatively with others: self-starter; detail oriented; commitment to excellence; practical problem-solving ability; organizes work and manages time well; listens carefully and takes other s views into account; courteous.
* Integrity and Trust
* Customer Focus
* Functional/Technical skills
* Written/Oral Communication