Posted in Other 28 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
The Companion Diagnostics (CDx) Business Development team partners very closely with leading pharmaceutical companies to develop, manufacture and commercialize highly regulated medical devices which are critical for physicians to help select therapies for their patients.
Join this growing and dedicated team that performs industry-leading and truly inspiring work in the field of Precision Medicine. Our employees are passionate about their contributions because there is a very direct connection to helping patients with cancer.
Optimize deal structure & contracting
* Lead new business negotiation and support existing partner negotiations
* Collaborate with Agilent Legal for contract drafting and legal & IP service
* Ensure contracts consistent with Agilent objectives and polices
* Innovate, optimize & execute contracts to capture value
Collaborate with BD leadership to prioritize agreements and optimize contracting process
* Develop standardized high level proposal/term sheet
* Drive efficient contracting process in collaboration with legal
* Manage and continuously improve agreement templates
Develop internal network to ensure alignment of contracts with objectives, policies and processes
* Collaborate with new business development and alliances to efficiently execute contracts
* Understand and engage functional areas including Legal, IP, Finance, R&D, Regulatory Affairs, Operations, Sales & Marketing, Project Management and Alliance Management to ensure contract alignments with functional objectives and obligations
Master's degree in Business Administration (MBA) and/or a PhD/Master's degree in a Life Sciences discipline with equivalent experience working in a commercial or business development role for an IVD or Biopharma industry organization
At least 2 years negotiating contracts and 8+ years in 2 of the following:
* Working with companion diagnostics or drug development including companion diagnostic
* Working in a business development role involving companion diagnostic products or services
* Negotiating contracts that include diagnostic products, services or licensing at biopharmaceutical organization
Skills and Personal Characteristics:
* Ability to effectively communicate complex concepts and resolve complex interconnected issues and agreements
* Analytical, able to extract and compile voluminous technical, market and financial data and construct business case recommendations
* Ability to influence collaborators, internal and external stakeholders
* Excellent interpersonal skills, communication skills (written, verbal and oral) and adept at effective communication with counterparts at biopharma organizations and CDx
* Highly professional presentation skills
* Proactive, able to work with minimal direction
* Goal oriented with the drive for self-directed accomplishments
Agilent Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We value diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, religion or religious creed, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, local law, ordinance, or regulation and will not be discriminated against on these bases.
Agilent Technologies, Inc., is committed to diversity in the workplace and strives to support candidates with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance with any part of the application or interview process or have questions about workplace accessibility, please contact +1-262-754-5030 email email@example.com. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please see all of our notices for EEO below.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled