Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
TYPE OF REQUISITION:Regular
CLEARANCE LEVEL MUST CURRENTLY POSSESS:Interim Secret
CLEARANCE LEVEL MUST BE ABLE TO OBTAIN:Secret
SUITABILITY:No Suitability Required
PUBLIC TRUST/OTHER REQUIRED:
JOB FAMILY:Field Engineering
The primary role for the Senior IT Service Desk Technician is to provide a combination of project management, technical coordination, and execution of operational support initiatives at an executive level. This technician will be part of a small team that will be a single point of contact for all IT related issues for U.S. Army PEO-EIS Headquarters.
* The candidate will work closely with the supervisor to ensure all standards are defined and well documented.
* The candidate must have excellent interpersonal skills as well as exceptional oral/written proficiency.
* The Service Desk Technician must be capable of coordinating multiple open issues and interfacing with customers at all levels. The technician will take ownership for all IT issues/concerns, ensure that the root causes of IT issues are understood and addressed, and will ensure the appropriate escalations are applied.
* The candidate must provide creative solutions to customer problems to ensure customer satisfaction and productivity. Coordinate customer and support issues to ensure timely distribution of knowledge and productivity and positive impact on customer satisfaction. Acquire and maintain knowledge of relevant product offering, current support policies, and methods of support delivery, in order to provide technically accurate solutions to customers.
* The candidate must be capable of communicating and reporting to all levels of Executive Staff, Service Desk Management and be responsible to attend high-level meetings to present information when required.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
* Work within a schedule of 8 hours a day between 6am-6pm, Monday through Friday, with occasional pre-requested afternoon or weekend on-call support.
* Install and troubleshoot Microsoft Windows 10 operating systems and standard business applications, including desktop systems, associated peripherals, and verification of operation.
* Work with other IT groups to roll-out hardware and software upgrades, implement new equipment and services, and assist with new product testing and special projects.
* A strong commitment to deliver a superior client experience through direct interaction with clients during support and change management.
* Develop and maintain up-to-date PC and accessories inventory and promote IT standards.
* Respond to phone and e-mail inquiries that are placed to the supervisor or technician and directly interact with customers to resolve local and network related issues.
* AV responsibilities to include set up meetings and conferences through shared calendars; make contact with the customer before and after scheduled call to ensure quality assurance; act as liaison for the customer to external AV vendors.
* Timely follow up with customers to ensure problems are resolved successfully and satisfactorily.
* Demonstrate a skillset associated with bridging technical problems that cross-function, such as understanding cause and effect and root cause relationships for complex IT problems.
* Provide IT training to customers to ensure successful use of IT equipment.
* Document, update, and revise all resolutions in the IT Knowledge base via SharePoint.
* Be able to manage projects and heavy caseloads while responding to customers requests in a high priority fashion.
* Follow corporate and Federal IT Security Policies.
* Recommend, develop, and implement new policies and procedures.
* CompTIA Sec+ certification to start.
Interim secret required.
SCHEDULED WEEKLY HOURS:40
TRAVEL REQUIRED:Less than 10%
TELECOMMUTING OPTIONS:Telecommuting Not Allowed
WORK LOCATION:USA VA Fort Belvoir
ADDITIONAL WORK LOCATIONS:
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.