Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Directs, organizes, controls and evaluates all Environmental, Safety & Industrial Hygiene functions, services and resources required to support the Manatí site manufacturing operations. Provides support as required to all other BMS sites in the Puerto Rico and Americas region.
1. Directs, organizes, controls and evaluates all Environmental, Safety & Industrial Hygiene functions, services and resources required to support the Manatí site manufacturing operations. Provides support as required to all other BMS sites in the Puerto Rico and Americas region.
2. Is the function Site Leader of the EHS department for the Manatí site.
3. Set appropriate EHS standards balancing against business risks, customer expectations and regulatory requirements.
4. Build and maintain strong credible relationships with the regulatory agencies, customers, trade groups and common stakeholders, leveraging those relationships to the company’s advantage.
5. Translate complex EHS regulatory requirements to the General Manager, the Senior Staff, helping them leverage the input to make effective, strategic business decisions.
6. Generate a compelling direction that provides for innovative approaches to complex regulatory, technical and business strategies.
7. Coordinate the timely submittal of EHS reports and permit applications required for facilities operations.
8. Foster development of EHS team through continuous coaching and counseling.
9. Set priorities consistent with company / sites goals and allocates resources consistent with priorities.
10. Acts as liaison with the Corporate environmental group for all EHS related matters.
1. Bachelor degree in Engineering or Natural Science, Environmental Science (Master Degree preferred). At least 10 years experience in the Pharmaceutical industry and managerial exposure.
2. Proven administrative, leadership and people skills. Good interpersonal skills at all levels in the organization and external clients.
3. Must have extensive knowledge of local and federal standards as promulgated by EPA, EQB, OSHA and PROSHO and other regulating agencies.
4. Must be familiar with FDA and cGMP’s.
5. Very knowledgeable of emergency response procedures and technical overall operations.
6. Financially oriented, must be capable to manage and administer a budget account, keeping it under control.
7. Working knowledge of Personal Computer (Microsoft Office). .
8. Fully bilingual (English/Spanish) both oral and written.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.