Posted in Other 23 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Be a part of the future of Precision Medicine! Our mission is to improve the human condition by bringing the power of precision medicine to labs, partners and patients globally.
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek ---- so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
In the Companion Diagnostics Business (CDx), our team partners very closely with leading pharmaceutical companies to develop, manufacture and commercialize highly regulated medical devices which are critical for physicians to help select therapies for their patients.
Become a part of a growing and dedicated team that does truly inspiring work in the field of Precision Medicine. Our employees are passionate about their contributions because there is a very direct connection to helping patients with cancer.
Remote candidates are now being considered. Preferred location is Carpinteria, CA but will consider remote candidates living in the Western US. Reporting to a manager in CDx Program Management you will help lead a cross-functional project team in a matrix organization; periodic travel to the Carpinteria location is required for remote candidates.
In this exciting role you will have responsibility for ensuring Agilent is leading the way in companion diagnostic product development. You will be externally facing to pharmaceutical industry partners and internally facing to the Agilent CDx core project team. The successful person for this job will work closely with their global cross-functional project teams and external partners to ensure that the project objectives are accomplished within prescribed time frame and budget.
* Leading global, multi-site, cross-functional project teams, and serving as a direct contact between pharma project managers and CDx/DGG project stakeholders with oversight from Project Management Director or Senior Project Manager
* Driving and delivering expected results according to agreed project scope, cost, quality and timeline milestones
* Creating and managing resource forecast plans, and working directly with line managers to communicate and agree to project staffing requirements
* Tracking estimated project revenues, costs, expenses and profits against defined metrics; proactively communicating deviations to relevant stakeholders, internal and external
* Obtaining partner approval and creating appropriate customer billing requests to achieve revenue targets and cash flow expectations for the business
* Analyzing, planning and tracking project phases and activities, and communicating the timelines/milestones/goals on a regular basis to CDx/DGG management, the project team and other stakeholders
* Coordinate with third party vendors as required to complete the project activities
* Manage the receipt and transfer of assay production requests to the appropriate supporting functions in order for them to deliver assays for their intended use such as in clinical trials or internal development activities
* Effectively identify and communicate risks to stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion
* Understanding of the proper application of risk management techniques to ensure business priorities and quality standards are met
* Re-evaluating goals throughout the project, together with the project's stakeholders, and making necessary adjustments to project plans and budgets, including scope change management
* Participating in preparation and alignment of decision process in joint project governance bodies; including but not limited to joint project teams (JPTs) and joint steering committees (JSCs)
* Establishing and maintaining project lifecycle documentation
* Mentoring of project team members in Agilent business and quality practices
* Accountability and urgency for the delivery/completion of projects on time and cost
* Ability to work collaboratively with external customers to insure that company and partner interests are addressed in a balanced fashion
* Ability to establish trust and work with integrity while motivating others to achieve the goals of the project
* Developing leadership skills and desire to succeed with a minimum level of guidance
* Successfully multi-task amongst several competing initiatives
* Excellent presentation skills
* Creative problem solving skills and decision making abilities that adapt to change and promote teamwork across geographies and cultures
* Ability to influence internal and external stakeholders at all levels in a matrixed team environment
* Experience with constructive decision making, resolution of conflict, and the building of effective top-down and bottom-up business relationships
* Active ownership of problems of diverse technical and business scope where the analysis requires in-depth evaluation and research of competing options.
B.S. or B.A. in Science or Project Management experience with an understanding of the biological sciences; PMP certification a plus
Minimum of 2+ years of project management experience managing complex product development projects in the diagnostic or pharmaceutical industry with a Bachelor's degree
1+ years of project management experience managing complex new product development projects with an Advanced degree and 1+ years in a regulated industry (Such as medical devices, diagnostics, pharmaceutical or biotech industry
* Good understanding and application of Project Management priniciples, concepts, practices and standards
* Strong analytical skills with a proven ability to balance and prioritize responsibilities in accordance with business and team needs
* Engagement with technical teams to ensure sound and effective solutions to design and development challenges
* Maintain team focus on quality while adhering to project timelines and goals
* Experience with managing project scope while ensuring successful execution of project details. May require guidance for determining solutions in very complex situations.
* Demonstrates exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with individuals at all levels in the organization across various functions (research, development, manufacturing, quality control, marketing) and locations
* Prior hands-on experience with Microsoft Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Sharepoint and remote meeting tools such as WebEx, Live Meeting, etc.
* Promote teamwork across geographies and cultures
* Excellent time management skills and ability to work independently with minimal guidance
* Developing business acumen, developing negotiation and delegation skills, and developing ability to influence at all levels within the organization.
* Excellent presentation skills
* Ability to travel, up to 25 travel days a year, both domestic and international. Travel may increase based on working remotely.
Agilent Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We value diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, religion or religious creed, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, local law, ordinance, or regulation and will not be