Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
* Comfortable reporting to upper leadership and providing reports of past, present and future projects as needed.
* Works well independently as well as in a team setting.
* Security estimator will be responsible for designing customer solutions based on requirements
* provided by our clients, customers, architects, and general contractors.
* Ability to read blueprints both conventionally as well as digitally.
* Estimating small, medium, and large projects quickly and efficiently both conventionally as well as digitally.
* Ability to review construction plans, perform take-offs and review material specifications
to compose BOM s and bid responses.
* Ability to attend project walk throughs to survey site conditions and prepare reports for
internal review / estimate preparation * Producing documentation suitable for sales presentations, system installation, and control system programming scopes.
* Layout and design (horizontal and vertical) of security, access control, intrusion detection, video surveillance systems. Telecommunications systems such as, voice, data, structured cabling experience would also be beneficial.
* Prepare technical specifications.
* Prepare proposals and estimates.
* Review and evaluate shop drawings and product submittals.
* Visit construction sites to inspect work in progress or completed as needed.
* Working knowledge of commercial construction practices in the greater Houston Texas is strongly preferred. Additional knowledge of the San Antonio and Austin markets highly desirable.
* MUST have a working knowledge of MS Excel, Word, CAD and various estimating software platforms
* Detail-oriented, strong communication both written and verbally.
* Highly organized and ability to keep consistent workflow moving through estimating department on a timely basis.
* Coordinate system scope, design layout and drawings with the client and other disciplines e.g. OEMs, GCs, vendors, etc.
* Have a positive attitude and superior interpersonal skills for communication with colleagues, intradepartmental team members as well as clients
* Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment.
* Ability to build instant rapports with clients, customers, and general contractors virtually as well as in person.
* Research of new products, proposal revisions and change orders, accurate project budget forecasting as well as the ability to track and follow up on projects that have been bid.
* Be open to learning new platforms, software programs and new future product lines.
* Ability to work after hours or weekends as needed.
* Achieve and maintain productivity and quality performance standards established by the organization s policies and procedures that are in place.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE * Commercial Security experience of 2 4 years is REQUIRED. Technical Degree preferred.
* MUST be able to produce advanced security designs including schematic drawings, point-to-point drawings, and be able to understand drawings and specifications for security systems.
* Experience and knowledge with security systems such as Software House, Open Options, S2 along with American Dynamics, Avigilon and Milestone preferred.Experience in project budgets and labor costs
* Familiarity with AutoCAD
* Excellent documentation skills
* Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
* On the job provided as well. Must have a valid drivers license, clean background and be able to pass a drug screening based on company policies.
COMMENTS: FLSA Exempt
Full time employment opportunity with great compensation commensurate with experience, and long-term opportunities for performance bonuses, raises and career advancement and continuing education. * Health and Welfare Plan which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Supplemental Life, Supplemental Disability, Supplemental Accident, Hospital and Critical Illness, Employee Assistance Program (EPA)
* Medical and Dependent Reimbursement Programs
* Exceptional 401(k) Plan with matching Employer Contribution
* Paid Vacation and Holidays
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER WITH A COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY THAT CONSIDERS ALL APPLICANTS AND EMPLOYEES WITHOUT REGARD TO THEIR DISABILITY OR PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS.
PLEASE NO RECRUITERS OR AGENCIES.
Powered by JazzHR